[20] The End

Have fun. I wish you luck.

Hey, like RTTF and wouldn't mind a bit of me also? Check out the RTTF Discord! The link is on my profile.

Silver light dappled the forest. An inky black sky wrapped around everything with white speckles dotted across. Constant darkness in the world, broke only by when the sun will rise. But, that's not going to happen soon. The silence was only broken by the cricket's song and the shuffling of paws in the grass.

The Rebellion was on the move. The river was ahead of them, painted silver by the moon's light. The water lapped at the surface of the stepping stones. One by one, the wolves crossed them. Sylia and Lora were at the front of the line and Runner and Jay were at the back. Once across the river, they'll regroup.

Runner took a deep breath, looking at the river. He couldn't help but remember when he crossed it and almost drowned back when he was a juvenile. Jay had gone ahead of him. Gathering his courage, Sylia went to the other side. He could barely hear her words of encouragement above the sound of the roaring water,  but it was there. She was there to save them if he fell.

He went across the stepping stones. Each one he passed, the braver he felt. The more confident he felt. The more anger he felt.

It was time. The Ashes Pack was going to fall. And it was going to be his doing. Sylia's doing, Lora's doing, Jay's doing...

The Rebellion's doing.

And so, when he was on the other side, he raised his head high and pranced to the front of the group. Right beside Sylia. And the Alphas led their pack onward to the attack.

The trio had shown the pack how to creep along the fields so they wouldn't be seen as easily. Of course, the night's blanket helped, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Especially with these circumstances. Squinting, Runner could see the form of a wolf in the spacious trees. Ashes had a lookout, and he was going to see them in a second. Runner barked, not too loud, but enough so the pack knew to stay still and quiet.

The lookout's eyes brushed over them.

With a hushed sigh of relief, the pack continued onward. In the same formation, they headed for the side of the mountain the Ashes camp bordered. They climbed up rocks to where they held the high ground and looked down on the camp. The wind blew into their faces, carrying with it the scent of the Ashes wolves.

The Ashes camp was peaceful. There weren't many wolves out and about, as most were asleep. Though it was dark, they could make out the silhouettes of Field, Hunter, and Raven, talking outside the Alpha's den. Runner strained his eyes to get a glimpse of Ice, wherever he was. He couldn't see him. Was he not there?

He looked at Sylia. Their eyes met. Sylia nuzzled him a bit. He drank in her scent. He didn't know what was to come, even though he was sure Ashes would fall. He enjoyed her being beside him while he could. "Are you ready?" he whispered to her.

"Yes," she said, licking his cheek. He smiled, then raised his head to the moon. Letting out a howl, a battle cry, the pack rushed into the camp. Some of them jumped off straight into the camp, others ran on the walls of the boulders into it, some jumped from rock to rock and went through the entrance. It didn't matter how they got there. The only thing that mattered was the fact that the battle was starting, the battle they were going to win.

He headed straight for Field. Jumping off the rocks, his tail lashed as he sprinted forward. Field met him with a shove of his paws and fear in his eyes. Runner smirked. Field was scared. Of him. And that made him rejoice.

The two wolves were a blur of fur, claws, and fangs, with the occasional splash of red. All of Runner's attacks were vicious and messily thrown- all he wanted to do was serve damage. His anger fueled him. He only focused on the fear in Field's eyes and the burning rage in his heart. Not the fact that all of Field's moves were defensive.