Mickey

I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that I have friends.
Sorry, let me correct that.
Friend.
Unless YOU count!!
...let's pretend I never wrote that...
His name is Mickey and, even though he's only 5ft3, he scares the shit out of me.
I'm not kidding.
We met on the first day of primary school. I was innocently playing alone in the sandpit when a tiny hand came up behind me and plonked my head into the sandcastle I had been carefully crafting for the past half hour, getting sand all over my face and destroying my masterpiece. The teacher naturally rushed over and dragged this mean bully away from me while I wiped the sand off of my face, feeling horrified.
"Say sorry to Dylan.." She ordered the boy.
The boy shrugged and grinned at me as the teacher sighed.
"I can't be bothered with this.." She muttered, shaking her head.
Suddenly, a scream echoed around the playground and I instantly jumped up to see what was going on.
The teacher rushed over to where a little girl with red hair was sitting on the tarmac, clutching a bleeding knee.
Delilah.
The boy sauntered over to me and kicked my leg slightly to get my attention.
"You didn't cry!" He said, smiling a little.
I felt myself puff up with pride and tried to look dismissive of this fact.
"I like you." The boy decided.
"I'm Dylan."
"I know!"
"Oh."
The boy smirked and held out a hand.
"I'm Mickey."
I shook his hand, grinning.
Mickey winked at me and walked off, his hands shoved into his camo trackies.
A four year old boy WINKED at me.
We've been best friends ever since.