Ocean | 07

»Four months later.

"Rome? Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Pick asked, nervously, hands shaking and a bit sweaty, but managed to keep a small smile on his face.

"No, no I wouldn't."

"What, why?" The smile on pick face faded quickly.

"You're being to plain and you should have flowers and other things-sweet things-. Pick how is Rome ever going be your boyfriend with those antics? They're so unromantic, just going in to ask him? No flowers, no romantic dinner? How has he even agreed on going on dates with you when you sound so boring?" pick's father announced, to say those words didn't hurt would be a lie.

"Well I'm nervous and I asked you to help me father not make me more nervous-and hurt- it's been a few months since we've went on dates today will be the only time he's free. I keep questioning if he will reject me. I....I'm afraid. I don't know if he would accept me. What if he thinks I'm ugly or what if I'm to straightforward or-"

"Stop worrying, pick be brave for once. I know you like him so show him, tell him, give him reasons why he is special to you. If you really like him so much then let him know that, make him feel special, show him he's special to you. Show him that he's loved.....by you." Pick just stared at his father, he's nervous. It's been almost a year now, and the two males were closer than ever. Pick is trying to get the courage to ask Rome to be his boyfriend, but he's afraid of Rome rejecting him.

He knows it stupid since him and Rome have been talking non stop but the fear that bubbles inside him just give him anxiety.

"But, what if he doesn't want to date?" Pick sat down and let his hand wonder through his hair, then he rubbed his face, pure frustration filling inside of him.

"Pick" his father placed a hand on pick's shoulder, pick looked up at his father. Pick's father could see frustration, sadness, fear, and love in his eyes.

"Everything will be fine. I don't mean to stress you I really don't, I'm sorry if I caused you fear, frustration or even more nervousness. It's just, I don't know?.......I know your nervous, I would be to, but pick, you can't just go up to someone and say 'wanna be my boyfriend?' In my opinion I wouldn't even want to go if you said it like that" he chuckled a bit "I know Rome would want to be your boyfriend but pick, you also have to try and be romantic, Rome is also a human who wants love, what would you say if, you go to a park and then get asked out just like that? I know it's a special park for the both of you but really pick?"

"I- I guess not..." he huffed and then sighed. Pick laid his body back and looked at the ceiling, he noticed a small stain, it was a reddish color, he looked to the other side and seen his glow in the dark stars, from when he was younger, he was always afraid of the dark but grew out of the fear now he was too lazy to take them off, then he got an idea.

STARGAZING! He sat up, quickly. "I know how I can ask him now."

"I'll leave you to it then, but it better be romantic and sweet. I don't want my son-in-law to have a bad impression about you not being romantic. My son-in-law needs to know the Jumpols Can be romantic as hell." He winked and walked out.

"Son-in-law" pick smiled at the word, one day Rome would be his husband, but that's for another time in life.

Pick thought of the day, this Saturday would be Rome and pick day.

Pick laid in bed after hours of planing the day, he had finally finished. He buried his body in the bed, he grabbed his phone and tapped Rome's number, he let his fingers hover over the call button, I shouldn't he might be alseep, pick thought. He was about to put his phone up when a sudden ringing filled his room, it was Rome. Did he just read my mind? Pick thought to himself