6

Phoenix POV

I use a spell from one of my family's old books, it was designed to harm hybrids, I use it on Klaus. He bends over in pain, I shed my leather jacket, Klaus notices me. "Ah, the last remaining Chase, you know this is a suicide mission, cuz." Klaus says.

"Why are you calling Fire-Bird 'Cuz' ?" Elena asks, "She didn't tell you? My mother had a brother, who is her something great grandfather, making my siblings and I her cousins." Klaus reveals the info I learned only hours before this.

I tackle him, due me having witch blood in me from my grandmother and mother, I have a bit more of an edge than other vampires of my age.

Elena POV

I watch in shock as Phoenix puts up an almost even fight with one of the Originals, from what Elijah told me about their mother's brother, he was witch. Which means that spells would come naturally to Phoenix and her family, but she was also turned into a vampire, so that means she is a sort of hybrid.

The sound of a falling tree echos throughout the forest, my eyes find the only broken tree, Phoenix's limp body was lying with the top half of the tree. I know Damon cares a lot about her, and won't be too happy when he sees her like that.

-Time Skip & Reign's POV-

I quietly watch Nik after I cured Damon Salvatore, according to Saylor, the mate bond we have is stronger than our magic. I walk behind Nik, I breathe in his intoxicating scent, he smelled like bourbon and paint.

My wolf was scratching to be let out, I was also trying to keep my primal vampire instincts at bay, I have a temptation to lick his neck for some reason. I'm the strongest supernatural being, so maybe our mate bond is weaker than my abilities, let's test that.

I lick him neck, I can see him freeze for a second, before going back to talking. He can sense a presence, but not mine perhaps.

-Time Skip-

"This one reads Little Wolf." Alaric says, "Who's that?" Elena asks, I scratch a line to Niklaus. "It's Klaus." Damon says, "There are more names." Alaric says noticing what my siblings and I wrote in the rock, I lick my lips.

"This one reads Fenwick." Alaric says pointing the light to my eldest siblings name, "Alethea." He says pointing the light to the second eldest of my siblings, "Lloyd." Alaric says pointing to the other half of my second eldest siblings.

"Saylor." Alaric says pointing to the third eldest, "Annalise." He says pointing to my younger sister, "Cosima." Alaric says pointing to the youngest. I didn't put Silas on there for a reason, it stung too much, "Reign." Alaric says pointing to my name.