17 **IN THE PAST**

Reign POV [Sometime before 990 AD]

I perk up, "Lilli, what's wrong?" Lloyd asks, I transform to my wolf form, and run off. I let my mate instincts take over, I stop in front of a blond lady, I take notice of the baby. I pad over to it, I smell that it's a he.

His eyes open, and he looks up at me, I'm instantly entranced by his eyes. "Mine." I growl, this is my mate, he tilts his head. I curl up around him, I lay my head protectively in front of his small body, no one touches him.

I take a few seconds to realize the I finally found my mate after a thousand years, I use my magic to bring the Mom over to me, I let her lay by me and her son. I nuzzle my face against my mate, he giggles, causing the Mom to wake up.

She looks at me, we stare at each other, she realizes that I mean to harm. I put my nose against her stomach, and heal the pain and wounds from birth, she stares at me in surprise. I give her a small wink, she lays against me, and soon falls asleep.

I read from her mind that his name is Niklaus, I can sense his untriggered wolf side, my little wolf. Soon, Lloyd and Alethea find me, I growl at the twins. "Huh. Lilli has finally found her mate, that explains the protectiveness." Lloyd says.

Alethea drapes a blanket over the Mom, and another one over Nik and I, they leave soon after. Nik nuzzles up against my brown fur, I give a soft smile, and curl up around my little wolf and his mother. The dad seems to appear, I growl aggressively at him, my tribrid face becoming very apparent.

He sinks back, "Y-Your one of them! One of the Wolversons!" He says, I let out a low growl of anger, and he leaves quickly. I lay my head on my paws, and keep watch.