Ch. 1

"Rowan! Ryland!" Mom called. I ran down the hall, around the spiral staircase and into the kitchen.

"What?" I asked as Ryland slowly walked into the kitchen still wearing his sweatpants.

"What?" Ryland asked walking past me and hitting my head.

"Ryland!" I yelled and jumped on him.

"Hey! Hey! Get off me!" Ryland yelled trying to pry me off.

"Rowan." Mom said. I jumped off Ryland who shook his head then sat down at the counter.

"What?" I asked. Mom sighed then decided to get on with her comment.

"The boys are coming home tomorrow from tour for a few weeks." Mom said.

"Nice." Ryland said. 

"Is Rydel coming too?" I asked.

"Yes Rowan. Rydel is coming home too."

"Yes!" I yelled then ran into the living room to watch Disney. Ironically, Radio Disney was on and R5 was playing. Sorry, my name is Rowan Marie Lynch and I am 12 years old. My older siblings play in the band R5 and I rarely see them.

"Hey Ro, what's wrong?" Ryland asked coming around the corner.

"Nothing. Why?" I ask.

"Because you look, and sound, like you're about to cry." Ryland said sitting down next to me. I curl up next to him and watch as Girl Meets World comes back on.

"They're gone all the time. Rydel's never here when I need her, Rocky can't play board game with me, Ross doesn't make silly songs, and Riker doesn't put everyone's hair in funny looking ponytails." I answer.

"I know you miss them all the time but you have to accept it. They'll be back tomorrow and all those things will happen for a few weeks." Ryland tells me.

"But then they'll leave again. Rydel still hasn't confirmed my assumption about her and El." I tell him.

"I can tell you know, it's true. Ellington told me. And Rydel is a busy girl but she loves you. You'll be fine. Now, if you don't mind, I have a Skype call with them." Ryland says getting up.

"I'll join." I yell jumping on his back. Sometimes Ryland is a jerk. But at other times, he can be a great big brother. We got to his room and he opened his laptop right as Skype went off. I climbed into Ryland's lap and watched as he accepted the call.

"Hey guys!" me and Ryland say and wave.

"Hey Ro! Hey Ryland!" they all answer.

"How's the new Heart Made Up On You tour going?" Ryland asks.

"Great. We're on the plane home right now." Riker tells us.

"Awesome. I miss you guys." I say.

"We miss you too Ro." Rydel tells me.

"How's school?" Rocky asks.

"Great."

"Hey El, are you and Rydel dating?" I ask accusingly. Ellington blushes and all the others laugh.

"Yeah." Ross answers for him laughing.

"Oh okay. Hey El." I say.

"Yeah?"

"If you so much as attempt to hurt Rydel, I will cut off..."

"Calm down Rowan! I'm not gonna hurt your sister." Ellington laughed.

"Yo dude, I think she's serious." Rydel says pointing to my face that had 'you will die if you do' written on it.

"Sorry Ro." Ellington said.

"You are, not forgiven." I tell him turning my head and crossing my arms.

"Rowan, I'm not gonna hurt Rydel. And if I do, I give you full permission to..."

"I'm kidding. About not forgiving you." I laugh. Then my face turns serious. "But not about getting back at you if you hurt Rydel."

"Alright guys. It's nice to know you two still love each other but we gotta change planes so bye!" Rocky says.

"Bye!" we all yell at each other then Riker signs off.

"I'm gonna go watch Disney." I told Ryland.

"Alright. See if the guys and Rydel are on."

"Austin and Ally are on!" I called once I reached the living room and looked at the t.v.

"Really? Which one?" Ryland asked running down the stairs so we could watch Ross act.

"Um... too soon to tell." I answer as he jumps over the couch and almost lands on top of me.

"It looks like it's Real Life And Reel Life." Ryland says. Then we both stop talking and start watching.