Ch. 9

~Rowan's P.O.V.~

"Rowan!" Rydel screamed. Riker stopped the car and we almost flew out.

"Where is she?" Riker asked.

"I'm here." I said popping out of the back seat. Rydel relaxed a little.

"I thought we left you." she said.

"Almost." I mumbled. Maia climbed back towards me as the car started again.

"You alright Rowan?" she asked. I sighed. No. I thought.

"Fine." I said.

"Rowan..."

"Alright, I feel like they don't remember me. It was all up to me to get to the car before they forgot. I even had to cut my own rope." I said.

"I didn't forget you." Maia said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Nope. I just saw you run out and knew that you'd be safe. You're a smart girl Rowan. You'll never be forgotten." Maia said hugging me.

"I love you like a sister, Maia." I said leaning up against her.

"Me too." Maia said. We stayed like that until we got home. Then we got up and Maia joined me in my room.

"You can go hang out with my brothers and sister." I told her.

"I'd rather not. I want to talk to you. I just want you to know, I kind of know how you feel. My older brother, Charlie, was always caught up in the times. You know Charlie, right?" Maia asked. I nodded and she continued. "My mom never believed me when I told her about the things he did. Charlie never knew where I was and never really cared where I was."

"But that's not the same." I pointed out.

"I know. But the point is, most of the time, your older siblings don't know where you're at. It doesn't mean they don't love you, it just means they don't want to be a bad example when you're around." Maia said.

"Alright." I said.

"Now, I can stay with you tonight and we can go downstairs, or I could stay here tonight and we could still go downstairs." Maia smiled.

"Hmm, I'll go with the second one." I said pretending to think. We laughed then went downstairs.

"What's all the happy smiley stuff? You girls just got kidnapped and were almost killed." Riker said.

"That's all in the past. What are we watching?" Maia asked.

"The Fosters." Rocky answered.

"Ooo! I love this show. I especially like Callie." Maia joked.

"Me too." we all laughed.

~Riker's P.O.V.~

We were watching the movie and soon, all the girls, Maia, Rowan, and Rydel, were fast asleep. But you can't really blame them. They were kidnapped and before that, Rowan was almost eaten by sharks.

"Let's put them to sleep." Ross suggested. Me, Ellington, and Ross all got up and walked over to the girls. Luckily, they were all on the same couch. I grabbed Rowan, Ellington grabbed Rydel, and Ross grabbed Maia. We walked up to their rooms and laid them down. Maia usually slept in the same room as Rowan so that was easy enough. Rydel was right across the hall so Ellington just laid her down. Then we all went back down and put something else in. We ended up watching The Headless Horseman. Only because we knew Rydel and Rowan wouldn't let us watch it on Halloween which was in two days.

"Hey Rike, are we going to the party at Disney Channel Studio on Halloween?" Ross suddenly asked.

"I think so. Yeah, we were invited." I answered.

"Sweet." the boys all said. That meant we were going to the Disney Channel set to meet up with all the other Disney celebrities. Then we'd go down to Disney Land for the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party.

"I'm tired." Ryland said.

"Let's go to bed." I suggested. The boys all agreed and we went up to our rooms.