Pang Pang Pang

Pang Pang Pang 

Rain hits my little roof.   I sat up from my bed and listened to the rain hitting my messed up roof.  I get this pain in my chest that goes Pang Pang Pang.  I run into our small living room to see Mother there yelling and fighting with Father.  

"We have to sell her to him!" Father whisper-yelled to Mother.  

"She's our child we cannot do that!" Mother hissed back.  

All of a sudden, a knife goes into both of them.  They were murdered.  I whimpered as the man in all black came up to me.  

"Do you want a better life?" He asked.  I looked around me.  My house, smaller than someone's bedroom, the roof, falling apart, my clothes were nothing but fabric tied together.  

"Yes," I said.  And off we went.  

---------------- 10 Year Later -------------------

"Azura!" The man who took me all those years ago, who became my father, called out to me.  My name was something he gave me.  With my birth parents, I was never given a name, just simply called Daughter.  He gave me a name.  He said to me when I was 6, 'I shall name you Azura, for it's a name perfect for you.  It's perfect for a blue-eyed beauty and this name evokes the deep, dark blue colors of the ocean.  Back in the Middle-Ages, it was a name for a gemstone used for making pigments for the Medieval arts.  You, my blue-eyed beauty, are Azura,'   And I loved it.  It has stuck with me since.  I walked down the stairs of our mansion and sat on a stool behind his cooking place.  

"Sir," I said in a hush as he looked back at me.  

"Azura, you are 15 years old! And for 10 years I have told you to call me Dad, or Azul," He said smiling at me.  

"Yes, Azul," I said as he placed my food in front of me.  His phone rang and he ignored it.  

"Azura, we have something to talk about..." He said as I looked up at him.  

"My company is more than a company... It's a mafia, and I'm the leader," he said to me.  I dropped my fork and stood up.  

"That's why you killed my parents?!" I asked him.  

"They were in such debt to me... it was better off they died.  That day they were fighting over whether to sell you to me for their debt.  It was better off I killed them.  I found out about who they spoke of only 15 seconds after when you whimpered.  I couldn't leave you.  I took you as my own.  And now I need an heir. And Azura... that's you," And I took the company... and the mafia.

----------------------10 Years Later --------------------

"You think I give a shit about your CAT?!" I sneered at the man tied up in front of me.  

"Please, Nightmare!" he yelled only calling me by my "first name" 

"IT'S NIGHTMARE GODDESS TO YOU!" I sneered hitting him with my leather gloved hand.  I looked at the man next to me.  "Shoot his ass," I said walking out of the room when a BANG rang out.    

"Boss," the man who just shot the ass said running up behind me.  

"Yes, Dexter," I said whipping around.  

"Do you think we can stop for today.  We already have 4 dead bodies we need to take out and..." He stopped when I glared.  

"I have a list of 20 people IN DEBT to me and who have WRONGED me and we have only done FOUR OF THEM.  I'm not stopping... not yet," I said walking to the next room.  

"Nightmare Goddess, please... It's my dad who is in debt to you! Not me!" a little boy, about the age of 5 said.  I thought about Azul and set the boy free.  "Are you going to kill my Daddy?" He asked.  I hugged him and whispered in his ear.  

"How bad are your conditions at home?" 

"Bad... this is my only good outfit and that's because the teacher bought it for me," He said sadly.  And that feeling I had in my chest 20 years ago happened.  Pang Pang.  

"I was just like you.  My now father killed my birthparents because their debt was too great, they were slowly dying over the weight of their debt, which is happening to your daddy,"  I said.  

"Oh," he said.  "What happened after he killed your parents?" The boy asked.  

"He took me in and raised me.  And he handed this over to me," I said smiling.  

"That's really cool.  You can act like a rebel all the time!" He said pretending to shoot guns.  I chuckled as I whispered in his ear.  

"Would you want to live with me after I kill your parents?" I asked.  He beamed and said yes. "Good.  Laboratory!" I yelled at Dexter.  That was his gang name.  Because he was so much like Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory we couldn't resist.  

"Boss," He said.  

"Kill the boy's parents.  Any of his siblings bring to me.  They can live with us," I said picking up the small boy.  

"Can my brother live with us too?!" He asked all cheery. 

"Of course!" I said smiling as we walked out the door.  "Where do you want to eat?" I asked.  Another member, Luke came running up behind me and yelled "WENDY'S!"  "I asked the kid, Luke!" I laughed with the kid.  

"Can we go to that diner over there.  My friends say it's a good restaurant," He said and I nodded.  

"But first, Luke here's gonna get you some clothes while I change!" I said looking at my all-black outfit.  He giggled and ran off with Luke.  

I changed into a red crop-top and black ripped jeans.  I threw on my leather jacket and heeled combat boots as I took my hair down from its bun.  I walked outside to see the young boy in cute little jeans and a blue shirt.  

"Nightmare Goddess, whatcha think?" He said spining in a circle.  

"Call me Azura.  And I love it!" I said picking him up.  

"And you can call me Indie.  Short for Indigo," He said.  I smiled to myself.  

Azul, Azura, and Indigo.  My dad, me, and my little friend.  And we're all shades of blue.  

"Azura! Let's eat!" Luke said jumping in the car. I texted Dexter our location so when he gets Indigo's brother they know where to meet us.  

We sat down and ordered our food and food for Indigo's brother and Dexter as we waited. The door opened as Dexter and a man, about 26 walked in behind him.  

"Cerulean!" Indigo called out to the man.  

"Hey, buddy!" Cerulean said as he sat next to him.  "Hi, I'm Cerulean," He said.  

"I'm Luke," Luke said smiling.  

"I'm Azura.  You'll be living with us," I said.  

"Us?" Cerulean asked.  

"Me, My Dad, Azul, Luke, Dexter and the rest of the boys," I said.  "You should feel right at home," I said.  I turned to Dexter.  "You killed them?" I whispered in his ear.  

"Yes, Ma'am!" He whispered back as I turned my direction back to the table.  

Four of us with blue names.  12 of us are gang members.  2 of us are normal civilians who just had their parents killed.  And with that thought, the feeling in my chest came back.  That Pang... Pang... Pang...