Chapter 1-Drunken Life, Dreamy Death

-

"Sister, does god really love everyone?"

"Of course, god loves all his creations."

"Then, tell me Sister. Why doesn't god love me? Why does he make me feel so miserable?"

"Hmm?"

I asked with my mouth full. I was chewing on bread I got from the kitchen, it was truly mouth-watering. I could care less what one of the older slaves was saying to me. Not like anything she was telling was very piquant to my taste.

"Listen! That you are one of the masters favorite doesn't mean you can show such insolence behavior!"

I swallowed the bread and wiped my mouth. I actually started paying attention around my area and looked at the infuriated woman in the face, I noticed it was Greta. She had her blonde hair in a tight bun and her face was agitated by my behavior.

"Uh, sorry."

I said to calm Greta down.

"Now, listen. Master is receiving a few guests, they are old friends when he used to fight. So be at your best behavior!"

Said Greta looking sternly at me. I was a bit taken aback. So the stories of the master of being a warrior was true, but that is all in the past now. He got wounded at his leg and has trouble walking now, that part I did believe since it was clear for everyone to see.

"Tell me (Name)." Said a meek voice behind Greta. It was another female slave, probably helping Greta around. She was new, I didn't knew her so well but she seemed to be shy.

"I heard the guests will be vikings. They invaded your village when you were younger, right? What were they like?"

She asked almost as if she was scared of simply pronouncing the words.

"I don't know, they just looked like humans." I said filling my words with envenom.

What a stupid question. Does she actually think I want to talk about that. Idiot girl.

I didn't bother engaging in the conversation anymore. Greta already made her message clear at the begin anyway. I walked around for the sole purpose of not standing near Greta and that other girl.

While I was walking I heard my name merrily being named. That only could be 1 person, the master. He used to be a viking, he always told me stories but I never believed him. I just thought he was crazy.

"I missed you."

He whispered in my ear while grabbing my shoulders, standing a bit too close to me.

I just kept standing there not doing much, what was I supposed to do? He was just a creep, I can't understand how he can feel attraction to a 14 year old. At least he never asked for sex.

"Did you hear the good news?"

He hummed being in a good mood. I already knew what he was talking about.

I said nothing and nodded my head. He was getting a bit too comfortable around me, but there wasn't much I could do or say.

I wanted to leave here as soon as possible, but that is just a chimera for me too.

"Now, I have some business to attend to. Be good, and don't make any trouble."

He said finally letting me go. He was nothing more than a creep. I wish he just died. While it was true he did treat me better than the other slaves, I did feel uncomfortable around him. And who knows when he will start requesting sex from me.

There was no use worrying about it now. But like I could do much in my current position.

I decided to go to my room, I wasn't in the mood to talk or see anyone. At least in my room I could be alone, as long as no one intruded.

I closed the door behind me when I entered my room.

I sat down on my bed and looked at my lap. I put my hands behind my neck, I grabbed the rim of my necklace which was underneath the dress. I eventually revealed the whole thing and clutched on the cross of the necklace as if my life was depending on it.

"Oh dear Sister, how I wish I still was with you.

-

I know this chapter was short but I really wanted to post something :> feedback is always appreciated and thank you for reading. I will try to update as soon as possible ^^

Post scriptum working on this again dw