46 Hiding

They enter the hideout, Red immediately calling Victor and Crip to his office.

Red: "You're still following Crip. I haven't given you an order to do so. In fact I believe I've already told you to stop."

Victor smiles a bit: "Since when do you control me?"

Red: "Since I'm your leader.."

Victor: "Let's not forget, I joined you because you wanted me to, not because I need you. I will gladly leave if you no longer need my services."

Red looks irritated.

Red: "So what? You fucked him and now you're willing to leave the gang for him?"

Victor: "Haven't fucked him. However, yes I'm willing to leave the gang over Crip."

Red: "You know we can't let you leave."

Victor: "Is that a threat Rubin?"

Red doesn't speak, just stares.

Victor: "Have you forgotten who I am?"

Red: "No, but I don't want to lose you. You're the one who can get things done around here. What will it take to make you stay?"

Victor: "Just let me protect Crip. I won't stand in your way, and if you really need me, I'm a call away. We can work things out. I'd hate to have you all as enemies."

Red nods.

Red: "Very well. Can I be alone with Everett."

Victor nods.
Crip immediately grabs Victors arm.
Crip: "Victor-"
Victor: "You'll be fine. All you have to do is yell if you need me."
Crip stares, as Victor pulls past him and exits the room.

Once the door is closed, Crip turns his attention to Red.

Red: "You've got your hooks into him. I have to admit I never saw Victor as that type."

Crip: "Th-that type?"

Red: "To fall for someone like you. Still..I suppose it would be bad to lose you both. I'll allow him to follow you around. You don't know him after all. He can't protect you forever."

Crip swallows.
Crip: "Why is everyone hiding who he is?"

Red blinks a bit.
Red: "He's dangerous Everett. You shouldn't get so close to him."

Crip: "But why?"

Red sighs.
Red: "You'll either heed my warning or you won't. That's the end of it. Now get out of here."

Crip makes a face, but gets up and leaves. As he exits the door, he sees Victor leaned against the wall.

Victor: "Everything ok?"
He asks, and Crip nods.

What was he hiding?