Chapter Seven

Silence fills the hall after Todoroki asks the question. Neither made the move to break it. The girl leans on the wall opposite of him, fiddling with her U.A uniform skirt. She looks every where but him, finding the littlest things interesting. She could feel Todoroki's gaze burning through her skull.

She didn't want to tell him.

It was something petty, her feelings. Something so utterly stupid to fuss over. Besides, shouldn't Todoroki be with her sister and not (y/n)? Her sister was the one who talked so highly of him. He should be asking her what was wrong.

Not that anything was wrong with Momo.

Why was Todoroki even caring about me? (y/n) asks herself. Is it too selfish to think he even cares because he likes me? Yeah, no one has shown even the slightest bit of interest in me. Only someone in my past has returned to me in what I have given him.

Dyed black hair, dark blue eyes that shows pain and sadness, signs of abuse by his family. His whole aura was fully of mystery. Someone the girl couldn't let go.

Even if he did bad things.

So, why did Todoroki bring her out here to ask that question? Was she going to answer? She could stall until he gave up. For now, whoever broke the silence would win the game.

The silence surround the male and female for about five more minutes until Todoroki broke it. He uncrosses his hands, pushing himself off the wall with the foot that was propped up against the wall. "What's wrong, you looked so upset earlier."

The female suddenly speaks. Everything just spills out of the girl like water over flowing out of a cup. She confesses everything. How uncomfortable she is when she tries to fit in with people who have known each other for years; how she has too many doubts. How something, even if it was small, could set her off in a depressed, saddened, state. She told him everything.

And he listens.

He listens quietly, surprised at how much the girl holds in. No one knew about this, only he did. She trusts him enough to tell him all of this. She starts to cry hot tears making Shouto react quickly. He hugs her tightly, not letting go.

"I felt like that once too," he tells the girl quietly. "I felt it through my whole freshman year. That is, until Midoriya. I told Midoriya and now, I'm who I am today."

The girl pulls away, hiccuping. "What did you tell Midoriya?" She asks quietly. Todoroki explains to the best of his ability on what happened the day he told Midoriya about his parents. How his mother burned his face because his father abused him and his whole family, why he was brought up.

"That horrible!" The girl whispers, shocked on the only reason why Todoroki existed was because his father wanted to be known for having a son who possessed the heterochromia genes. "To be honest though, I'm glad you were born. You... helped me...today," the girl looks away sheepish and flustered. She rubs the back of her neck, not daring to look at the red and white boy.

"I...honestly don't know what to say," Todoroki was speechless. This girl was glad he was alive. She was the only one who said that to him. Silence engulfs the two. The girl only did one thing: she hugs him again, tightly.

Kirishima was working on a poster to advertise the haunted high school for the whole school and the neighborhood when the new girl came up to him. "Hey Kiri-kun!" She exclaims, politely gesturing to the poster so she could look at it. He blushes, handing over the poster.

"It's not good, but it's not bad either," he says, shyly. The poster was pretty gorey. There was a huge picture of U.A high school in the dark. Painted on the picture was zombies, people, ghouls, skeletons. Anything that could be considered scary. Blood drips from the top of the paper and guts and other body parts litter the ground of the picture.