Chapter 8

Zayn's POV

I make my way to my locker and breathe out the longest breath ever. I tilt my bead back and close my eyes to try and not punch the next bloody person who asks me am I The Zayn Malik.

This is going to be a long days trying to avoid two people at once and everyone else continuously bothers you is one thing. It's almost like a job. I'm not even interested in school. I just want my bed.

I don't switch out my books that I'll need for the next few classes because I already know that I won't be using them. I grab my journal before closing my locker and head down the hall. I make my way to the lunch area and just grab two pears and a water. I don't need to eat too much. Not really in the mood.

Outside is nice so I find a table on the back under the shade with little Sun, it's perfect. I'm going to need that light for small detailing. Once I situate myself I pull out my journal to finish what I started earlier. I always finish my work or try to at lease. I was drawing my mother. Her beauty is much more than just what appears on this drawing. I can't depict that though. You'll have to see for yourself. If only she was still here.

As I begin to touch up what I was trying to do earlier, the Sun is blocked with shade. Someone appears to standing in front of me but I don't lookup. Maybe if I ignore it, it would go away and out of my light.

"Excuse me..Zayn? May I join you? Just really want to apologize for earlier from almost knocking you down. I didn't mean to upset you. I know right now must be hard for y-"

"You know nothing! You don't know how much I'm hurting. Just...go away Liam." I look down and continue what I was doing, trying to ignore him.

"How do you know my name? I never introduced myself properly.."

He looked clueless. Obviously the bastard never mentioned me.

"You don't even remember do you?"

It came out my mouth close to a whisper. He doesn't even fucking remember. This is by far the worse day.

I wanted to just scream out, 'Well I love you and have always liked being around you since we were kid's but you forgot me. You don't even remember '. Instead I replied, "Fuck off!". I started gathering my things, but before I could walk away he grabs my shoulder but my body shifts from his touch and he grabs my hand instead.

"Why? Is there something I forgot once upon a time?" He laughs jokingly. He stops and looks at me again. Really looks at me.

"...do I know you?" Liam looks at me confused. He looks at me like he's trying to figure something out, eyes squinted, his body leaned in slowly towards me. I tensed up and backed away a little. He was too close. Way too close.

"I-It's you.." Liam said sadly. I snatch my hand from his grasp. I shake my head rapidly. Wait, this is all so sudden.

"Stop..just...Just leave me alone! Stop!"

"Zayn wait!"

I ran off school grounds. No one could stop me I ran until I couldn't run anymore.

Maybe he was pretending? I don't know what to think right now. He didn't remember me. He couldn't remember me. I never told him my name. I could barely breathe. I leaned down panting heavily.

Why me?