Tre: Chiaroscuro I

Chiaroscuro (n.) - the use of strong contrasts between light and dark, usually bold contrasts affecting a whole composition

"Pass! Pass!"

As the serious conversation between the two is going on, a group of children, younger than the one lying unconscious in the square, are playing soccer nearby.

One of the boys kicked the ball a little too hard, causing it to go flying, nearly hitting the ravenette gang member, and almost me as well. If I hadn't caught it subconsciously without looking, startling both Giorno, said gangster and the group of boys playing nearby.

I look apprehensively at the ball held tightly between my fingers before shifting my gaze to the boys, who flinch at my ever-present, emotionless stare.

Opposite to whatever everyone else was expecting, I drop the ball, catching it atop my foot and begin skillfully bouncing it around, impressing the boys to where they were no longer fearful of me

I gently pass the ball back with my foot, then watch the boys take off, giving thanks as they leave

"Thanks."

"Thanks!"

Bruno approaches Giorno, a serious expression on his face. "Fine. I'll report back saying I couldn't find the one who attacked Luca and introduce you so you can join the organization. However, if they find out at any time that you're going after the boss..." He pauses before sauntering to the blond's side, looking him dead in the eye. "I'm not going to save you. Traitors can't be saved."

Giorno keeps his gaze ahead, unfazed at Bruno's promise/threat.

"You'll have to deal with your own failure." The gangster continues lowly. He backs himself to lean against the railing like Giorno. "Otherwise, oh wait you're on your golden dream and the honorable, golden resolve it took to go so far as to rip your own arm, Giorno Giovanna."

Though it wasn't present in his expression, I could tell the young blond was excited at the first step of his plan being completed and having a possible ally in the wait as well.