Quattro: Accelerated Perspective I

Accelerated perspective (n) - an intentional exaggeration of perspective often in a stage setting to permit a shallower than appears actual stage depth

Bucciarati continues to lead us down the city streets of Naples to an undisclosed location as he explains the foundation and the inner workings of the Passione gang. I half listen, already knowing such information but keep an ear out for anything Uncle Alec might've missed, no matter how unlikely that would be with his skillset.

"Passione is a pretty big gang organization. First, there are groups made up of six to ten on underlings, like my team. Then there are capos like Polpo who command those teams. They reign over a particular region, making it their turf. These teams include specialty teams, such as an assassination team and a drug team. Despite being from the same gang, I really don't want to involve myself with those teams or their capos. And the one who stands at the top is the boss. The boss only has contact with the trusted subordinate he considers his right hand, and we have no way of knowing who or where he is. Gang members in this city hate standing out, as it can quickly lead to their assassination. So even the capos will dress normally to blend in with the crowd, and some even have cover jobs."

'Normal, ha!' I scoff mentally.

"That goes double for our boss. He won't reveal his identity to anyone. If we go snooping around, we're detected immediately. I know plenty of guys this has happened to." Bucciarati states the hard truth grimly. He turns to face the

A break in the one-sided conversation is followed by the Passione soldato stopping in his steady walk to face Giovanna and I.

"So, Giorno, Aurora, in order for us to get close to our mysterious boss, we need to be acknowledged. We can't defeat the boss unless we earn acknowledgement and trust with someone close to the boss. So first oh, we're going to get stronger. We have to climb up to the position of capo. Of course, the three--"

Bark!

Camo makes himself known, appearing to have been forgotten amongst their numbers. Bucciarati's expression of surprise turns to an impressed upturn of his lips.

"The four of us can't do that alone." The ravenette corrects himself, earning happy pants from my Doberman. "A team we can trust...That's what we'll need to defeat the boss."

He then continues to guide us to a quiet little eatery.

★★★

"Hey, Fugoooo." A rather childish voice whines, boredom clearly evident in their droning of their friend's name. "It's such a nice day outside. It wouldn't hurt to skip out on studying for one day." The young man the voice is associated with taps his pencil against a mockingly blank page in his notebook. "I'm just not feeling it today."

He is a teenage boy with a rather childish face of average height and built gangly. His dark hair is very messy with a fringe over his purple eyes. He sports a dark, slim vest and pants with lighter colored accessories, including an orange bandana and matching wrist bands, and a light orange short skirt with yellow squares all around.

 He sports a dark, slim vest and pants with lighter colored accessories, including an orange bandana and matching wrist bands, and a light orange short skirt with yellow squares all around