Chapter 5. Silver of Illusions

Irina was still perturbed by her so-called hallucination that it wasn't until Ivona had pulled her towards the automatic doors, did she break out of her stalemate position.

Rafael Moretti or Rafe, as Ivy calls him was dressed up to nine in a black tuxedo and emerald green tie and kerchief to match Ivy's dress. His dark blonde hairs were slicked back, making his piercings stand out and he stood beside the limousine smoking his usual cigar. It suddenly reminded her of his 'stance' in the stock market.

He must have heard the automatic doors open so his eyes were already on them, no- on his dear Ivy. He threw the cigar on the ground and crushed it under his feet, before walking towards his darling girlfriend.

She too quickened her pace and rushed in his arms. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long." He kissed her forehead affectionately. "You look beautiful."

Ivona giggled. "You look handsome too. You will outshine everyone today-" Her smile froze but she composed herself soon. "How about we skip the party and go home and celebrate. I'll let you do 'that' thing with the ropes again-"

Irina cleared her throat to interject them before her best friend spilled the graphics. "Hi Rafael."

"Hi Irina. You look good." Rafael complimented her with a small smile.

"You do too." Irina smirked mischievously. "I am sure you would outshine everyone. There will be many eyes on you, and someone will be absolutely fuming."

The drama was over.

Ivona huffed and Rafael chuckled.

"I am all yours, babe."

After the drama queen was convinced, they all entered the limousine and drove towards their destination. The party was more or less closed off from the outside world- she checked all the newspapers and tabloids but there was not even a headline about it, much less a rumor. How did her boss do it? She could never answer! But she was sure that he was crazy!

They reached the 'Royale Rose' two hours after the scheduled time or, as Ivy would say, they arrived "fashionably late". The hotel was absolutely stunning under the golden lights but at the same time held a charming mysterious vibe.

It was so similar to her boss that it had her heart pound with anticipation. She had a sudden itch to uncover the reason behind it, but she held it all in her heart and followed the lovebirds inside after putting on her matching golden mask.

The manager of the place led them to the ballroom booked by his dear boss and opened the door for them. The bright lights blinded her for a moment and then she looked up-oh my god! She looked around the ballroom in awe.

This is unreal- from the beautiful white and rose gold theme to the fountain of champagne, from the beautiful white and pale pink Valerian flowers to the delicacies made carefully by the Michelin Star chefs under LV Cuisines and, it was as much unreal for her to be here.

They walked inside the ballroom and just as Ivy said, no one paid attention to them, no- no one cared to pay attention to them. But they would have if she wore that cheap dress and looked clown enough to be the entertainment of the night. Irina gave her best friend a kiss in her mind. On the cheek.

But even with all the glamorous starlight, if she were to describe it in one word- boring! She would prefer the loudest club over this unnerving silence, the adrenaline rush of music and alcohol in her system over this mesh of fake sweetness and glittering diamonds.

Fifteen minutes into it and she had had enough.

"I'll be back."

Irina nearly skipped out of the ballroom at Ivy's nod and out the door to the lush garden at the back. It was so pretty with the lamps lit in the canopy of trees and steppings of the trail towards the deeper part of the garden.
As she walked deeper, she nearly swooned at the sight of the bridge that went over a lake, alit with lights.