SIXTY-NINE

"You and James snogged?!"

Lily aggressively shushed Ariah, jumping across the bench she sat on to cover her mouth.

"Holy shit," Dylan mumbled. "Why?"

Meeka snorted, quickly covering her own mouth when Lily shot her a hard glare. Ariah pulled Lily's hand off of her mouth.

"When did this happen?" she asked.

"At the New Years party," Lily said, sitting back down across from Ariah. She glanced out the window, watching the scenery pass as the train sped on. "I-I mean... we were drunk y'know.... but.... I think I... I think I liked it..."

"Oh... my.... god!" Ariah shouted, smiling massively. "Finally!"

"Finally?!"

"Yeah, finally! Well have you guys talked about it?"

Lily shook her head. "No... I had to leave that next morning, we didn't have a chance to. What if — what if it was just a drunken kiss...?"

"Do you want it to just be some drunken kiss?" Meeka asked. "Or are you hoping it'll lead to something more?"

Lily bit her lower lip, keeping her eyes trained outside the window. "Yes.... no.... I don't know! Up until that night I thought I couldn't stand him!"

"Sometimes people kiss people they can't stand," Dylan said. "It's called basic attraction."

"Do you kiss people you don't like?" Ariah asked, eyeing her friend.

"I don't like many people so... yeah," Dylan said with a shrug.

"But that's not me!" Lily exclaimed, throwing her arms up in distress. She sighed, leaning her head back against the seat. "I think... I think I fancy James...."

"Well that's great!" Ariah said. "Because he fancy's you — clearly. So just... talk to him I'm sure it'll work out."

"You think?" Lily asked.

"Yeah he's literally been whipped over you for a very, very long time," Meeka said. "It's been infuriating."

"It really has," Dylan said. "He's all, Lily this and Lily that. The hetero surrounds me..."

Ariah smirked, shaking her head slightly. "Just talk to him," she said. "I promise you, James likes you... a lot."

Lily blushed at that statement; her cheeks matching the color of her hair.

"Now that, that sexual tension is taken care of," Meeka said. "Dylan, how was your New Years date with.... what was her name again?"

"Her name was Karli," Dylan groaned. "And you know that my night didn't end in a kiss..."

Meeka leaned on her hand, smirking at her friend. "What? I don't remember. Tell me again, what happened?"

Dylan rolled her eyes. "She friend zoned me right before midnight..."

"I'm sorry Dyl, we've all been there," Ariah said.

"Have we?" Dylan asked. "Have we all been there, Ms. I-Hit-Home-Run-With-My-Best-Friend-Whom-I've-Loved-Since-Year-One?"

Lily and Meeka gasped loudly, the noise echoing through the compartment obnoxiously.

"You had sex with —"

"No I didn't!" Ariah quickly threw one hand over each her friends mouths. She glared at Dylan. "I didn't have sex with anyone."

Dylan just giggled and shrugged, knowing that piece of information already.