4

"Gotcha!"

Leigh-Anne grabbed Zayn by his arm, gently pulling him out of the way of his peers bustling out of the lecture he just attended.

Some gave her strange and confused looks of why she was with him and she narrowed her eyes at them, silently telling them to mind their own business. Why did her actions mean so much to them?

Zayn knew she would confront him eventually, she said she still wanted to talk to him. He thought it would've been the next time they saw each other but it wasn't. The day after he stood her up they went to class, made eye contact and she didn't speak to him. He saw her again in the atrium, they made eye contact, he smiled shyly at her, a blush dusting over his nose and he was biting his lip nervously, but she had turned away from him and continued talking to her friend.

Zayn wasn't sure if she had changed her mind about getting to know him, he hoped she hadn't, but he was quickly becoming depressed about it. He even tried to get her to unknowingly tell him while he was Zap if she'd given up on the quiet loner boy in school or not. Leigh-Anne ignored his question and asked about the proper way to hold the can of spray paint.

He was a dick for standing her up over nothing, he had overreacted and was being extremely sensitive, he got that now. She did not stand him up, she was just busy and it had gotten late. She was not with Liam, that was just Liam gagging for her attention. Zayn understood that now and needed to apologize to her somehow. He didn't know what the hell he would say as an apology, but he was sure it would be something. Probably something that would make him want to hide under a rock for awhile.

"Where did you think you were going, huh?" she asked. The corners of her lips were curling upwards and letting him know that she meant no harm.

"Um...I was j-just uh.." Zayn wasn't sure what to say with her so close to him. She noticed and took a step away and quickly apologized remembering how shy he was. Any other guy in his position wouldn't have looked like he was going to faint. "Class? I-I was, uh..going to class."

Leigh-Anne smirked at him and it gave Zayn an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. Zayn had watched plenty of chick flicks with his sisters and read too many stories of how the popular girl, (i.e. Leigh-Anne) would take some nerd, (i.e. himself) pimp him out, and make him into someone he wasn't, all while he fell in love with her and she didn't care because it had been some bet or joke amongst her and her friends. Zayn was tired of being the butt of people's jokes. He had dealt with that throughout high school and thought it was over once he started college. Everything had been going good so far, it could be better, but at least he wasn't being tripped and pushed into things.

"No, you weren't," she told him, looking at his eyes. She was thinking about taking off his glasses so she could see what he looked like without them.

"I...wasn't?" Zayn was pretty sure that he was. He had Human Interaction to go to and he was about to be late because of her.

"Nope." She grinned at him and Zayn found it dirty of her. It was such a naughty grin that he was curious to know what he had to do with it. He hadn't said anything suggestive towards her for her to give him a smile like the one her lips held.

"Then..where am I going?" Zayn nervously gulped and checked his watch. He had about two minutes before his professor would start attendance and Zayn liked this class. He was passing without a problem, the teacher was cool, however Zayn was finding it difficult to apply the lessons to his everyday life, though that didn't surprise him. It was Human Interaction, and interact with humans, he did not. To his credit, humans did not interact with him either.

"Zayn, if you're the sort of guy that I think you are, you're passing this class, you have perfect attendance and you've already finished your assignments in advance. Skipping Human Interaction with me won't hinder your grades." Leigh-Anne patted his shoulder and he flinched. "I'll even talk to Tom* for you and say you were with me if you're that worried."