*What Do You Mean?*

I am still blushing. "Hello Mean, nice meeting you."

"The pleasure is all mine." He's still smiling.

"As much as I am enjoying this, you can let go now." I said with a smile.

"What if I say that I am enjoying this too?"

"Hey, Mr., do you think my friend is hot?" Pring asked.

"Don't be rude Pring! His name is Mean." I said bashfully.

Pring looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a teasing look.

"Well Pring, from the moment I saw him earlier this morning, I have thought that he is hella cute."

"Great!" She exclaimed "Nine's feeling is extremely mutual. He's extremely single and extremely available. You both should go out on a date!"

I gave Pring a deathly glare. If this woman does not shut her trap, I'm going to gag her with thing first thing I'll get my hands on. Out of nowhere, mean held my hand. "I was thinking about asking him for lunch but he disappeared."

"I... you... what?" I stammered. This is too much information for me.

"What?!" Another voice came across the other end of the short hallway. I turned around to see Joong rampaging through the thick of the students. What is he up to now?

He suddenly hugged me from my waist and easily carried me away from Mean. "Who are you? Are you trying to take advantage of Nine's fragile and feeble heart?"

"Whoa what the fuck are you doing Joong? Let me down!" I slapped his arms multiple times before he dropped me behind Pring.

"What is happening?" Mean asked, confused with the ruckus "Are you Nine's fanboy or something?"

"I'm better than a fanboy, I'm the best friend." Joong said with his head held high.

Mean relaxed a bit and extended his hand "hello, my name is Mean." Joong stared at the hand and choose to not take it. "My name is Joong."

"Okay... no handshake then." Mean smiled at me "are you free later after school?" He asked me.

"No!" Joong said.

"Yes!" I replied at the same time.

"Nine is telling the truth!" Pring chimed in.

Mean approached me, completely bypassing Joong and handed me his phone "Save your number, I'll text you in a bit. My class is about to start."

I immediately took the phone. Joong tried to grab it but Pring blocked his attempt. I gave the phone back to Mean and he bid us farewell "see you later!" He smiled at me one more time then left.

"What the fuck was that Joong?" Pring has her hands on her waist, she's about to throw a fit. "Why are you cockblocking Nine's attempt to snatch that boy? Don't tell me, you want that boy for yourself because, I'm so sorry to tell you, he's smitten with your best friend!"

Joong just rolled his eyes at Pring then stared at me. He lifted his index and middle finger and pointed to his eyes, then he flipped the direction to me. He kept on repeating the gesture as he walked away.

"What just happened?" Tee, another friend of ours asked.

"Well Tee, if you ask me, I'd say he's jealous." Pring said while crossing her arms.

"It's his loss, he didn't see that Nine is a diamond in the rough." Tee faced me and gestured at me with his hand from my head to my feet "YOU LOOK F. I. N. E." He made a Z snap while spelling out the word.

"Relax guys, he doesn't like me. Let's just say he's got an ulterior motive." I told my friends. How am I going to explain to them the bet between Joong and me?

"Can't fool me, I know jealousy when I see it." Pring said as she went inside our room.

My phone vibrated, it was a message from Mean.

Later after school, okay? I'll pick you up at your classroom. - Mean

My heart fluttered when I finished reading the message. I immediately sent a response:

So, are you asking me out for a date? If you are, I need to hear you say it.- 9

I clenched my phone in my chest. I have never felt this excited before. My phone suddenly rang and I immediately answered it. "So, are you asking me out for a date?"

"Why would I? Do you have a crush on me?"

Fuck, it was Joong who was calling. "Ah shit, I thought..."

He cut me off "you thought it's that 'Mean' guy?" I can almost see him making quotation marks with his fingers.

"Whatever."

"Well, if you are asking me out on a date, I'm okay with that."

"What?!" I exclaimed loud enough that I drew the attention of everyone in the room.

I heard Joong sigh on the other line "But you know we are friends, I won't fall in love with you."

I felt my phone vibrate. I checked the message:

Your number is busy. - Mean

I have to terminate the call. "Whatever loser, just tell me if your mom disowns you after our bet." I hung up immediately and sent a reply:

Call now. - 9

My phone immediately rang and I made sure I was answering the right call.

"He... hello?" I stuttered.

"Hi Nine." I can gear the smile from his voice. I tried to calm myself.

"Hi Mean."

"Yes, I am asking you out on a date."

"Why didn't you ask me earlier?"

"Your best friend was blocking me." He laughed a little.

"Sorry, he's just really overprotective." I apologized.

"I am not stepping on his shoes by asking you out, right?"

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I just wanted to make sure he looked like he was extremely jealous." He's the second person to tell me this in less than 10 minutes.

"We go waaaay back. He's my neighbor that is why we are best friends. He's not a threat. Anyway, I agree to our date later. But you are not a serial killer, right?"

Mean laughed on the other line "You watch too many thriller movies, Nine. I'll see you later okay?"

I can't contain it, I moved the phone away at arms length and squealed. I took another breath and replied to Mean "Okay."

"What is okay Mr. Kornchid?" I looked up and saw our professor standing in front of me.

"Teacher is here, call you later." I immediately dropped the call.

I just smiled at my professor and apologized. This is it. I'm going to my first date ever.