TWO

Inaaya

After I got my timetable and with the help of Embry I found myself sitting in a classroom with people I didn't know

After I got my timetable and with the help of Embry I found myself sitting in a classroom with people I didn't know. I was sat near the window and doodling in my notebook. A tap on my shoulder got me to take my earphone out and turn around.

A girl with big curls, brown curious eyes looking at me, a smile on her dimpled face"Hi, I'm Mia! You must be new? Whatcha drawing?"She said and looked at my drawing and started laughing"That's so good! I could never, the best I can do is a stick man...but even that doesn't turn out right. Can I sit?"Mia exclaimed and took a seat next to me while I nodded.

"What's your name?"She asked me but then answered her own question when she looked at me time table"Inaaya? That's a beautiful name."Mia complimented, I blushed lightly"Thank you, yours is too."I returned the compliment which looked like it surprised her.

As Mia was going to speak again the door was opened, in walked in a group of mixed genders. They walked straight to the back of the room and sat down, feet on table and just overall looking like this is the last place they want to be. Mia sighed and looked at me with a small smile"Don't worry about them, they don't do no harm. Their only attack mechanism is intimidation."Mia rolled her eyes after causing me to giggle.

"Hey new girl, you don't have to sit next to someone like that. Mia is a headache which she should realise by now, I'm way more interesting than that cow."The girl with jet black hair snickered with everyone else while Mia just looked used to it"Once again you're proving to be the horrible person you always are, Tessa."Mia rolled her eyes and Tessa was about to stand up but the teacher walked in
"Sorry I'm a bit late. Anyways let's-are you new? I'm not usually late, why don't you come up the front and introduce yourself."

_____________

When the bell rung for lunch and I walked to my locker and placed my new books which I didn't need to take home and I was on my way to the canteen when I heard my name being called. It was Mia running towards me, her curly hair bounced and her smile still as bright as this morning. Earlier after first period which was Geography Tessa and her group of friends wouldn't leave Mia alone. Little remarks and such. I almost threw my water on them but Mia told me not to.

"Let's go get lunch together! Unless you want to go on your own which is completely fine!"Mia rushed out as she let out a huge breath, I giggled and hooked my arm around hers. She lightened up and we walked into the canteen looking for a spare table. Mia dragged me to a table by the window which was free"Do you want anything? I'm going up and can get you a tray? I should have some money left."Mia asked me and I shook my head"No thank you, I've got food."I said pointing to my bag while giving her a smile. She nodded and walked into the line.

As I was waiting someone hugged me from behind which caused me to panic but I  calmed down when I felt the hot body temperature"Embry! You scared me then."I heard his laugh and he say down next to me and shrugged"So have you made a new friend or are you a loner?"Embry asked curiously, I glared at him"I've got a friend!"I protested and I pointed over to Mia who was struggling to hold her tray and find her money at the same time.

"Mia? She's a nice girl. Kinda clumsy and talkative and she's adorable, I approve!"Embry smiled and nodded his head at me. I rolled my eyes"Whatever!"I laughed and looked back at Mia who noticed I was looking and smiled at me. Suddenly Mia's tray was flown up into the air as she smacked the floor.

I felt a sudden anger stroke through me and marched right over there pushing Tessa, she yelped and glared at me"What is your problem with Mia? You think you're so popular bullying someone? You're not. In fact you just look small and insecure."I snapped almost growling, I felt arms pull me back but I was just seeing red. Who does she think she is?!

"Oh get over yourself. Just because you're new doesn't mean you get it easy. You've picked your side, unfortunately it's the weakest."Tessa smirked and suddenly I couldn't hold back and raised my hand but I was suddenly picked up by Embry. I hit his back"Let me go!"I growled but he wouldn't listen.

I heard Embry telling Mia that I'll see her soon and to go home then Embry jogged us outside and weirdly into the forest. I kept hitting his back though. I was still mad, who does that girl think she is bullying my friend like that?

Embry stopped running when we was at a clearing in the forest and put me down. I started pacing"Embry why did you stop me? I could've handled her, what she did was wrong and- oh no...we left Mia with them! What was you thinking?!"I ranted, he sighed and stepped forward"You need to calm down, she's not worth it Inaaya. I told Mia to go home, she's fine."Embry stated, I huffed and sat down on the floor.

Embry sighed and shook his head"We're going to my friends house."Embry mumbled and picked me up putting me on his pack, I yelped"Just because I'm 5 foot does NOT mean you can pick me up when you feel like it! I'm still not hundred percent calmed down."I ranted on and Embry sighed again"Stop sighing, what's wrong?"I asked, my anger slowly going as a new problem arises.

He shook his head"Nothing it's just not safe right now."He replied and that was that I guess, I nodded and stayed put as he walked through the forest and into a clearing with a house in the middle. It was beautiful, trees surrounding it.

Once I was put back on my feet I looked towards Embry who smiled nervously at me and I gave him a weird glance. We walked towards the house and he walked in, I slowly followed. The house was lively and full of conversations, the warm aura of home and food.