2 ☲ Missing

"...ng...prince..."

"...Prince!"

"JUNG HOSEOK!"

A young man had been sitting at the end of a long table, his chin resting in the palm of his hand as he leaned in his chair with torpidity. He had been drifting off into his own thoughts. Visions of a little girl wearing a warm gummy smile and a sunflower Barette filled them often. 

So engrossed into his daydreams, he didn't respond to his title when it was being called. It wasn't until he had heard a familiar, much louder, authoritative voice shout out his birth name, did the man finally snap out of his trance. Startled, he quickly straightened in his seat. "Uh? Sorry?"

On the other end of the table, sat his father. Jung Oh-seong. The current King of Sol. The man was much heftier in build and the lower half of his face was framed by a magnificent salt and pepper beard. But as far as their sun-kissed eyes and heart-shaped lips, they could easily be one and the same.

A lanky man with a crescent-shaped scar next to his right eye sat quietly next to the king. This man was the king's personal advisor, Kim Il-Sung. He gave a light sigh and repeated himself once more. "Young prince. What are your thoughts on the public speech we have written for you? You will need to send out a proper announcement to our people about the upcoming wedding"

Hearing this, Hoseok tilted his head briefly as he nodded slightly. "I think it sounds good"

"Really? Which part?"  

"Which...part?"

 Hoseok's lips remained parted as his eyes darted from Il-Sung to the frowning visage of his father and back. "Uh..." With a sheepish smile, Hoseok fidgeted in his chair as he struggled to come up with a good viable answer. One that wouldn't get him killed by his old man. "W-Well...the uh..." 

Suddenly a loud shout filled the room and a young boy had entered.

Panting heavily, the brunette placed his hand on his chest as he caught his breath.

"Taehyung?" Hoseok spoke out as he stared at the other male with a questioning look on his face.

Il-Sung stood from where he sat, his frown deepening. "Son. What is the meaning of such intrusion?!"

Taehyung finally found his voice, his eyes fixated on Hoseok for awhile before his gaze finally fell on Il-Sung. "Well...you see...Hoseok...uh...the princess wishes to see him!"

Il-Sung rose an eyebrow as he clasped his hands in front of him. "If such is the case surely she can wait until after our meeting has reached its conclusion..."

Taehyung once again met eyes with Hoseok and widened his gaze briefly as if to gesture that he had no idea what else to add to the conversation.

Realizing this, Hoseok quickly rose from his seat and walked over to Taehyung. "A-Ah! Taehyung is right! I should go now!"

The King grunted and leaned forward in his seat. "Hoseok..."

"It's an emergency..." The young prince wrapped an arm around Taehyung's shoulder and pulled him close. "We have to keep the princess happy or else we risk the treaty right?" With a wave of his hand and a bright smile on his face, he quickly turned around and exited the room with his friend in tow.

The king sighed and rubbed his forehead as he slumped back in his chair.

Il-Sung settled in his seat and gave an exasperated sigh. "Those boys..."

----------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks, Taehyung. You helped me out of a bind..."