Chapter one

Anna
The day was almost over and I was closing up shop. It seemed like I've had a hard day. All I wanted to do was go home and shower. Tonight felt like a night where all I wanted to do was relax my body and start over tomorrow. I grabbed my purse and some paperwork and was headed out the door. I set the alarm and looked up. I was walking to my car when I seen Derek pull up. I smiled and that quickly faded when his girlfriend got out the car with him. He grabbed my papers and walked me to the car right alone with his tail following. I'm not rude so I speak to the girl and just keep it moving. Derek knee I didn't like her but I just think he could do way better. He needs someone to really hold him down and not fold when shit got ready to hit the fans. But he choose her so I deal with it. Derek put my stuff in my car and we talked. All three of us had an okay conversation.
*convo*
Derek: You know we got some new shit right?
Anna: That's your business. I just think it's better ways to get money.
Crystal: I tried telling him the same thing. But seems like he only listens to you.
Anna: Yea well his best friend knows best. But he doesn't listen to me either.
Derek: Y'all ain't gonna talk about me like I'm not standing here.
Anna: Trust me you're not hard to miss. What y'all doing out this time of night anyway?
Crystal: Suppose to be eating but our reservations was canceled at the last minute. So we decided to come over.
Anna: Y'all do know I have a house right? Could have popped up there.
Crystal: Girl please. You know when Derek wants to see you it's wherever you may be.
Anna: Ha. *looks at Derek* she got jokes.
Derek: Well I really need to talk to you on some real serious shit.
Anna: Come by the house in the morning before 9 and we can talk then.
*ends*
He just nodded and the left. On my way home I seen this new restaurant and thought about asking Jamal to take me there tomorrow night. The man never really want to do anything with me. I swear he's an old man sometimes. I made it home around 10:30. Time I walked in the door I was greeted with the smell of weed. Damn it Jamal. I knew I told him that my mother and father was coming down or the weekend but seemed like the shot went in one ear and out the other. I walked in the living room to find KC, Mike, John, and Jamal smoking. I took the blunt out Mike hand and put it out, unplugged the game, and turned the tv off. The boys already knew what was about to happen so the excused themselves out the room. Jamal and I was still in the living room. He stood up and the first thing he did was slap me. We always fight but tonight just seems like it was different because when he slapped me I just felt a rage inside me. I did everything possible to him. When he did finally catch my arms he held them as tight as he could and threw me half way across the room. I just got right back up and started attacking him all over again. Hell I didn't care that he was punching me like I was a man. I just wanted to get my point across finally. Mike grabbed me and I didn't care I was still trying to fight Jamal's ass. Bloody nose and busted lip, I didn't care. I ended up calling Derek to come get me. I packed everything that belonged to me. Jamal was trying his best to apologize but honestly I didn't want to here that. We had been together for 4 years and nothing never changed. Miscarriages, hospital bills, stress, and 4 years of my life waisted. And for what? A man that I never really loved and treated me like shit. I deserved better. Derek finally made it. When he saw my face he wanted Jamal's ass on site. But he knew how to get him. He just put my bags in the trunk and came over to open my door. I got in and hell when a he did pull off, I didn't even look back.