In 'Pain'...

"She is everything for him and nothing else matters, not even the pain he is in because of  his love for her..."

~palace, hospital~

Third person's pov

The atmosphere was too heavy and everyone was staying silent with some crying and some still trying to proceed what had happened some time ago.

Daniel was standing with his back against the cold wall and his eyes widely open like a ghost. He was pale, soaked till the bone, with clean clothes that he had wore once he returned to the palace and his expression was blank and too scaryand dark.

He was more frightened than ever, more broken and vulnerable than someone could have ever imagined and he was lost.

He wasn't living, just existing...

He didn't know how he was breathing, standing on his feet or how everything had happened.

No one could, not only Daniel!

After hearing that Iris was Diana everything made sense in his mind and instinctually he ordered everyone to go and find her immediately with him leading them. He was running like never before, the fear was killing him slowly and the agony was getting out of every limit. Devon had to take full control and lead him to her deeply inside the dark forest with the storm being worse than before. Daniel wasn't in condition to think clearly the more time was passing and Devon couldn't lose time, he wanted to reach his mate the sooner and save her.

Well...

He was fast and quite lucky because Thomas and Ellie had already found Diana and they had managed to tie a fabric tightly around her right shoulder to prevent the whole wolfbane's amountin her blood from doing damage faster and worse than it had already done but...

Diana was bearably breathing although what they had done, she was way too vulnerable and when Devon reached her she was frozen, pale and lifeless without her consciousness. She was too close to die and they had to react fast if they wanted her to live or have more possibilities to survive.

Daniel and Devon did not allow anyone else to carry her back to the palace. They were the strongest and fastest of all and only they could make it. Also, his possessiveness made her appearance and the fact that he was the Alpha King made it even more intense and strong.

He couldn't allow anyone else touch his mate in the condition she was in, carry her naked, weak almost brushed body back to the palace and the fact that so many other males from the warriors saw her naked would trouble him later.

He saw her tattoo even in the darkness and gasped. The moment that Ellie and Thomas placed Diana on his back and their bodies touched each other'sa wave of electricity hit him (despite Devon'sthick fur) leaving no doubt that Iris was really Diana and this woke up Daniel for good.

He gained his thoughts again, he came back to reality, he found his lost strength and took full control over the situation.

He had to make it, he had to save her, he had to keep her safe and the rest was something he would deal with later.

He run back to the palace with everyone else following him but not that close as he was running like a flash. Even Landon, Hunter or his father that wanted to help him weren't able to approach him. His speed was something out of every imagination, it was more like he was flying than touching to wet, unstable ground.

He arrived at the palace in no time and Elias was already waiting for him at the entrance with Robert and an almost passed out panicked Victoria to take Diana immediately in the surgery room at the hospital.