Honesty

I was so eager to finish my reports that I didn't realize it was almost lunchtime. If not because of one of the trainers who tapped my back and invited me to lunch, I won't stop working.

I scratched my eyes, lean back to my swivel chair, then looked at my clock - it's few minutes to noon. I locked my laptop, got up and went to the operations area.

"Hey! Andito pala favorite trainer natin eh!" One of the former trainees said when he saw me coming to their bay.

"Mukang alam ko na sino pupuntahan nyan..." Another one said while gigling.

I just flashed my smile and greeted them. I then went to the station at the end of their bay. I know that she knew I'm already here but she was still too focused on her screen. I looked at it the moment I reached her station. Alright, I think I know what's troubling her.

I carefully massaged her back, "Need help?" I asked.

"Delayed na kasi sched eh, hindi ko na alam how to adjust...." She quickly replied.

I smiled and looked closely at the schedule on the excel sheet.

"Relax, let me do it," I said with enthusiasm.

She looked at me with a questioning look but I just replied with a confident smile. She took a deep breath before standing up and allowing me to sit on her chair.

I arranged the schedules while referencing to the adherence report and tracker. After a couple of minutes, I stood up and let her take her seat. She looked at it closely and smiled after realizing her problem was solved.

I was just smiling while watching her reactions.

"How did you do it so easily?" She asked, evidently amused.

I replied with a laugh instead.

"She was once part of the operations. Everyone knows her because she was one of us. The Operations was her playground and I'm pretty sure she learned a lot before becoming part of the support team." The operations manager said while walking towards us.

Charlie was shocked while I smile and allowed the newcomer to continue talking.

"Well, there's a lot of things you need to know about this fine lady Charlie. She was definitely one of the best. And even now that she's already a trainer, she never fails to make us all proud." The manager continued.

I smiled and hugged the manager.

"It's been a while since the last time you visited us...." The manager said before I ended our embrace.

"Yeah, a lot of back to back classes! But this is and will always be my home. I missed everyone." I replied.

She laughed, "Well, in-demand ka eh! Pero I guess mas mapapadalas ka na dito..." she said while looking at Charlie then shifting to me.

I just laughed, "Alam mo Ced, iba ka din eh... Mang-aasar ka pa. We better catch-up, wag dito sa office..."

We both laughed but stopped when we saw Charlie puzzled of what's happening.

"Alam mo kasi Charlie, Ced and I were batch mates. Same kaming wave when we started here in the company. We started as agents and work our way up to whatever position we are in now. We've been friends for so long. We just don't often talk sa office apart from work-related stuff to keep everything formal and business-like. Kasi tong si Ced, grabe yan makatawa! Lakas pa mang asar." I explained.

"Ako talaga malakas mang asar! Ikaw kaya!" Ced tried to deny.

"Ohh tingnan mo! Ewan ko sayo!" I exclaimed.