twenty-two ◾extra◾

Jungkook and Taehyung went to visit Jungkook's mother.

Jungkook always had a healthy relationship with his mother. Or so that's what he thought.

His father was always the one who made Jungkook's life unbearable while his mother just watched.

From far he could feel her scared gaze or how she was shaking and wanting his father to stop. She tried to help but she would just end up getting a beating too.

After a while, she couldn't take it.

so she left.

She left Jungkook alone in a house with someone he hated. It made Jungkook hate her as well without even knowing the full story.

After finding out why she left, Jungkook had instantly forgave her. And after years of not seeing her, he thought it was the perfect time to visit her.

Taehyung has encouraged him to be the first one to greet her because he knew that Jungkook's mother would be confused seeing a random guy come up to her door and greet her. It would be weird.

Jungkook had smiled at his mother smugly. It was almost the kind saying, 'I'm back?'. His mother was beyond shocked and started to cry. It was the typical reunion, crying and hugging, but it felt special to him.

He never knew he would feel so safe and happy seeing his mother. The same person who watched him get abused. The same person who left him alone.

But he was happy. Without all that shit in his life, none of this would have happened.

He wouldn't have met Taehyung.

He wouldn't see his mother and be hugging her now.

He would probably be dead.
__________

Jungkook turned around and Taehyung was behind him. Jungkook turned back to his mother and introduced them to each other.

To his surprise, his mother was fine with him being gay. She never cared about his sexuality. It was her job as a mother to support her child. And no way in her life would she abandon her kid for being gay.

"Welcome, Taehyung. I'm so happy you were the one to love my son. If it wasn't you, I would have beaten the guy up," Jungkook's mother had a silly smile on her face, making both of the boys laugh.

"Well I'm glad you didn't beat me up," Taehyung replied and Jungkook watched as the two people he loved in the whole world got along.

They entered the house and Jungkook sat down on the couch. He was happy to be home. Somewhere where he was safe.

Taehyung cuddled Jungkook and they laid their heads on each other while they enjoyed the silence.

It made him happy.

No.

It meant the world to him.

His world wasn't dark anymore.

It was bright.