Alternate Ending.

Back to part sixteen

11/03/19

Why I can't love you, reason 10:

I'm in the hospital because I'm sick.

I have a tumor in my brain and it's killing me. I'm getting surgery today to get rid of it but the doctor said I have a low chance of surviving.

If I die I want to say this,

Even though you love Dahyun, I can't help myself to love you. I liked you ever since middle school but I was always a coward to ask you out. I didn't want our friendship to be ruined.

I wish I told you before, but now it's too late. Someone else stole your heart and not your hers. Not mine.

It's too late for me now, I'm dying and I can't stop it. I wanted you to be by my side for the rest of my life. But I can't, your by Dahyun's side now.

You were everything I ever imagined in a girl, you were perfect for me. But I guess I wasn't perfect for you.

I could write a whole book on why I love you but I don't have much longer to live. When you read this don't be sad. It was my fault for not being good enough for you.

Just know that I still love you even after I die. You will always be in my heart. When I die I want you to be happy, live your life, be with your loved ones. Even if its not me. I'm happy for you and Dahyun, she treats you better than I would ever do.

I love you Sana, I forever will.

From Tzuyu

Sana grips the letter tightly while tears flows out from her brown orbs. How has she never noticed her best friend was dying?

She looks back at the letter and realizes something. Tzuyu said her surgery was today. She quickly wipes her tears and grabs her jacket, running out the door and driving to the hospital.

Sana bursts through the door of the hospital room, seeing the body of Tzuyu and Tzuyu's family around her.

Sana pushes through and holds Tzuyu's hand. "Tzu! Are you ok? Wake up! Please...."

She turns to the doctor in the room. "Is she ok?"

"We are not sure, we will either have to wait for her to wake up or wait for her heartbeat to stop" the doctor says while looking down.

Sana looks back at Tzuyu while crying. "Please Tzu Tzu, I'm sorry for not noticing that you liked me. I'm sorry for not being with you. Please wake up so we can restart."

She grips Tzuyu's hand and rests her head on the arm.

Days past and Sana was always beside Tzuyu in the hospital. She skipped school just to be with Tzuyu and always talked to her.

"Tzuyu how are you? Are you dreaming right now? Wonder what your dreaming about." she looks down and sighs.

"Do you need anything Tzu?" Sana asks.

A quiet moan escapes the now waking up patient. "I need......water"

Sana looks at Tzuyu and stands up. "Tzuyu?"

"Water" Tzuyu weakly says.

Sana wakes Tzuyu's family up and hands Tzuyu a glass of water. Sana stands in the back crying while Tzuyu's mom helps Tzuyu drink.

"Where am I?" Tzuyu looks around. "In the hospital" her mother replies.

Sana goes up to Tzuyu and hugs her as tightly as she can. "Tzuyu I thought I lost you. I'm so sorry"

Sana lets go of the hug and wipes her own tears. Tzuyu looks at Sana and tells her something.

"I'm sorry but, who are you?"