0.1

"good afternoon agents. as you know, you have been transferred from various districts across the country to aid in the digital citizen monitoring mission. let it be known just like any other mission, you shall not speak to anyone about this. including your loved ones. do i make myself clear?" the captain concludes.

the agents glance around the briefing room as the the 6:00 sun shines through the small windows lined across the top of the walls. "yes sir" they respond in unison. "yes sir" i say, a little too late.

"agents whittaker and goodwin will give you the files of your assigned citizen" the captain continues as a tall scruffy man in a tweed suit approaches me with a stack of files in his grasp. "remember, the software that allows such monitoring is to be only installed on your desktop. if anyone is to monitor outside of this precinct they will be punished. do i make myself clear" the captain says once again. "yes sir" we repeat.

the scruffy man, i assume to be whittaker flicks through the stack looking for the file for me. the other agents are already scanning their citizen's information, comparing them to others. "fuck she's a cutie isn't she. all i have is this bloke" i see one agent say to another. pointing at his file.

finally i get mine. i look up to thank whittaker but he's already moved on. what ever is in this folder is virtually my life for the next year. someone is too share their life with me, unwillingly. i am to dissect every little thing they do, with the possibility that they could be a danger to society. i pinch the corner of the file. revealing a young women. not too young, around the same age as me. i can't see her being a psychopath but that's rude of me to assume. her lips are full but not artificial. her cheek bones high and her eyebrows thick. i glance down to her name. "luciana ziegler".