0.2

i hop off the train, straight into a puddle. the rain isn't too heavy but it's enough for my to grip my satchel tight to my hip. i skip down the station, i tread lightly along the footpath under the trees. it's 9:00pm but the street is still busy.
finally i get to my flat. there are two flats in the building. i'm in the second one up the stairs. i don't really talk to my neighbours. but they are to be moving out soon anyway. when i get inside i dump my keys on the coffee table. next my satchel, on the seat. lastly, me, on the couch. i lay down, head on the rest, feet on the rest.

i cover my face, palms cupping cheeks and fingers massaging my eyes. i wonder what she looks like. yes, i saw her profile in the file. but i wonder what she'll look like from all angles. what her smile will look like, what her frown will look like. all those particular facial expressions everyone has for specific moments. i can't help but think how great of a study this will be.

i let out a deep sigh as i get up to boil the jug. i put on my glasses and pull the file out again. birthday, schools, family, relationships, location. the whole lot. it's scary how all this can be pulled up. but then again i will be monitoring her tomorrow. today was just training on how to use the software. i take off my glasses and pinch from the outer corners of my eyes to the bridge of my nose. can i really do this?