California Girls (part II)

"Well, your hair looks dumber than I remember."

At first, Seung Hyun couldn't believe his eyes: was his imagination messing with him now? His sanity had deteriorated so far as for him to start seeing full-on hallucinations? But then he heard her speak, and was brought back to reality.

Maya leaned casually against the shiny motorcycle, her hands shoved in to her black leather jacket. She had to be cold, wearing only a red tube top underneath, but acted unaffected as she scuffed her high-heeled construction boots on the pavement. She had never looked more beautiful than she did against that dreary grey street. The blonde's eye contact never wavered, and her smoky black eye make-up made her eyes look almost white in comparison; despite her grunge clothing and haughty air, though, Seung Hyun realized there was sadness in her eyes- apprehension.

She glanced nervously behind him, and he turned to see all of the crew looking on with interest. Among the crowd, he spotted Ji Yong and Jin, waving and making kissy faces at him. That was when the rapper realized that he hadn't made any moves since he saw her.

Seung Hyun couldn't think of a better time to do what he had been wanting to for months, than in front of all of the YG employees. He grinned at her. "Sit by my side, and let the world slip; we will ne'er be younger."

His deep hesitant voice ended the silence, and he searched her face for a reaction. After a moment, Maya's resolve broke with a smirk and she smacked him on the shoulder.

Laughing, she teased him. "Those don't sound like words a bad boy would say! So stifle your inner Shakespeare and let's finish this damn scene, because I'm freezing my ass off."

Smiling like an idiot, and not caring about the odd looks he got from the rest of the crew, Seung Hyun nodded. Walking back to his mark, he gestured to the director.

"MAYA!"

He turned to where the scream came from, only to see Daesung barreling down the sidewalk, Young Bae close behind. The blonde was smiling and waving happily at him.

                                                                                        o0o

The rapper was finding it incredibly hard to keep his stone-faced façade as the music began and he rounded the corner. He was just so damn happy.

Although he thought he could keep himself collected, the moment he set eyes on her again he knew he couldn't go with his original plan for the video. He just hoped Maya was good at improvising.

"Botongnamjawa dalla neomu himdeuldago..."

Taking her cue, the blonde glanced at him once, tossing her hair agitatedly and beginning to walk off. Making a pained face at the camera the rapper walked after her, turning backward to face her. The blonde crossed her arms and rolled her eyes; but Seung Hyun "snuck" behind her, tapping her on one shoulder, and causing her to turn around. Allowing her face to be stroked once, Maya smiled unwillingly at his bad boy antics, pretending to soften toward him. The minute he leaned in for a kiss, she lightly swatted his face away from hers, walking off-screen at her mark.
The director loved it. The crowd loved it. To everyone's delight, they were able to move on to the next scene.

"So, what, you're trying to cause as many fangirl suicides in one day as possible?" Maya asked off-handedly, hanging the leather jacket back on its hanger in the model's trailer. Seung Hyun closed the door behind him, chuckling. All of the other models had long gone home.