Camp Chippewa ฯ Orphan

Day-1

-*-*-*-

"Did you remember to pack extra underwear?" Helen, with a bullet of rose red lipstick snug between her fingers glared towards the backseat through the compact mirror in her hand. "Did you remember to have any compassion for your only child?" Adeena scowled from behind the drivers seat. "Only child? Hello! Did you forget that I exist?" Emily scrunched up her button nose at her older sister who stuck her tongue out in response. "God- I wish you didn't. Then maybe I'd have one less gray hair to pluck out of my head."

"Adeena, be nice to your sister." Helen chastised, her thinning lips now over-drawn to her liking with the classic rouge. "You can't be nice to little demons."

"Daddy!" Ramon, calm and cool let out one of those 'jesus take the wheel' sighs as his eyes flickered to the rear view mirror. "Deen, apologize to your sister." Adeena scoffed and with the most fakest smile turned to her younger sister and spat out a half-assed 'sorry'. The car grew silent.
"Mommy, what does Chippewa mean?"

"Well it means- uh... Ramon, you know more about the Indians and what not." Helen waved her hand towards her husband, freshly done manicure slicing through the air. "Native Americans, Helen- not Indians."

"Same thing, not that you could tell the difference." The woman laughed, uptight and snobby. Adeena rolled her eyes before turning towards her sister with the saddest feigning look. "It means orphan.." Emily's eyes widen. "Mommy and daddy don't want us anymore... so they are dumping us off to- to DIE!" Adeena raised her hands up to her neck and faked being choked all the while her younger sister screamed at her to stop. Helen turned in her seat, nails popping holes into the leather cover with the meanest sneer known to man. "Both of you- KNOCK. IT. OFF. Ramon! Do something about them- I cannot stress my face anymore than I already have... Crows feet and frown lines are utterly horrid. What will the neighborhood think seeing me- blah blah blah..." Ramon over the years had become quite the expert in tuning out his wife- between her insistent need to look better than everyone and the loveless marriage they now had, the man in all his mundane ways just wanted some peace and quiet.

".... can you believe the size of her- CAR!!" Ramon snapped out of his daydreaming just in time to slam his foot down on the brake pedal, causing their prized bentley to jerk to a stop. Helen heaved as if she was on the verge of a panic attack but of course- let's not see how the kids are. "Ramon! Are you trying to kill me?! Where is your head?"

"I'm sorry, I just zoned out there for a-"

"You zoned out?? Why don't you just fall aseep at the wheel then, you good-for-nothing!" Ramon didn't even bother to try and coax his wife back into the car as she left it in a huff, slamming the door so the high-end luxury of metal shook. Adeena and Emily exchanged a look before the eldest gave a firm pat to her father's shoulder. "Looks like we're here." Their father merely nodded before exiting the bentley as well. "I think daddy's sad." Adeena could only peer out the window at their father who tried to console his wife- who of course was not having any of it. "Being in a shitty marriage'll do that to you."

"Think they'll get a divorce?" Emily waited for her sister to answer but she never did. Of course, silence speaks louder than words. And so does their mother...

---

"Attention! Hey, listen up everybody!" Adeena felt like she already wanted to make like Jason Voorhees and drown in the lake nearby. A man and woman both matching in gray shorts and a lighter gray button up stood chipper and obnoxious for everyone to see. "I'm Gary Granger!" The man, whom had short brown hair and stood shorter than the woman cheerily introduced. "Oh god-" Ramon elbowed his eldest daughter with the smallest smile. "Shh, they might just tell you how to find the yellow brick road." Adeena snorted at her fathers joke but their mother didn't see the humor in it. "Shut it the both of you."

"And I'm- Becky Martin-Granger!" The woman, blonde and just as quirky as her husband spoke. "We're the owners and directors here at Camp Chippewa."

"America's foremost facility for..."

"Privileged young adults." Thats when Adeena noticed the appearances of the other kids around her. Preppy boys with tucked in polo shirts and girls either wearing sun dresses or salmon shirts with khaki shorts. It was like looking at the same two people being multiplied into 50. "And we're all here to learn, to grow..."

"And to just plain have fun!" Wow they even finish each others obnoxious sentences. Adeena wanted to hurl. "Cause that's what being privileged is all about." After the introduction on sugar and candy, the kids were left to grab their things and say farewell to their parents for the summer.

Helen grabbed the suitcases from the trunk and tossed them to Ramon who didn't miss a beat catching them, much to the annoyance of his wife. "Off you two go. Remember the drill- don't call unless you're dying and only when you're dying. If you meet any kids with socialite parents make sure to give them my name." Adeena rolled her eyes as she grabbed her suitcase from her father. "Doubt I'll be talking to any of these losers. I mean, who the hell wants to associate with a bunch of ass kissers."

"Language, and try to make some friends. It'll be good for you." Ramon leant down to plant a kiss on his eldests forehead before bending down to twirl his youngest in his arms. Emily giggled as she encased her father in a tight hug before he placed hee back on the ground. "Now it seems the sediments are done- let's go, I have a fitting appointment in an hout." Helen twirled on her heels, leaving the three in the dust as she made her way to the passenger side of the car. "I love you both- try to have fun." He gave one last look to Adeena before leaving the duo.

Ramon glanced up just as the owners of the car in front of them returned. At closer inspection the car was in fact not a car but a hearse. "Uh- hello. Sorry about almost hitting your... your vehicle." A man with slicked back ebony hair, pencil thin mustache and a fancy suit removed the cigar from his mouth with a nonchalant smile. "Ah- no worries! I think your wife was more scared then we were." Beside the man was a woman, tall and curvy wearing a skin tight dress that pulled at her feet with long sleeves. She had dark eye makeup and rouge red lips to match her equally red nails. Her hair fell in a long curtain of onyx around her oddly pale visage. "Yeah, well she doesn't take kindly to surprises or almost dying." The woman hummed. "That's unfortunate." Ramon nodded before quickly putting his hand out. "I'm Ramon Hewitt, that's my wife- Helen Hewitt. We just dropped off our daughters for the summer."

"Gomez Addams and this is my wife, Morticia- isn't she a beauty?" Gomez let out a chuckle just as Morticia gave him a light nudge to the shoulder. "We've also brought our children here." Ramon nodded and it seemed his exchange was over for Helen leaned over the drivers side to yell out the window. "Ramon! Did you forget?? Appointment!" The man sighed, bid the couple farewell and hopped into the bentley. Gomez and Morticia exchanged a knowing glance before entering into the hearse.

---

That night was a nightmare. Not only did each cabin fit about 10 girls but all of them had the brain capacity of a malibu barbie doll. Adeena felt that no amount pressure she put on the pillow over her head would never be able to either- block the blonde dimwits or suffocate her. Her disappoint was immeasurable and her day- well night, is ruined.

"Let's tell scary stories- I'll go first!"

Oh god.

------------------------------------------------------

Just a story for the spooky season, please enjoy!

Vote and comment to your insanities content 🎃