Part 8

9 P.M.

Danny was touching the planchette on the ouija board when a voice came behind him. "You need to stop Everigo, the spirits of this forest are desperate for a savior." said an older woman's voice.

"I know." Danny muttered making Drake and Stella look at him funnily.

"Sorry a voice just said something to me." Danny said and started to move the planchette again. Drake glanced over at Stella who was staring at back at him.

"Can anybody help us?!" Danny called out. No movement on the board. Drake let go of the planchette and stood up.

"We need the others." He told the other two in the cave.

"Okay, let's go get them." Stella said as she stood up with help from Drake.

***

Hayden, Logan, and Kayla all ran through the dark forest only lit by the moon's light. When they saw the cave entrance and saw Drake helping Stella and Danny coming out of the cavern, Hayden knew something was up.

"What is the matter?" Kayla asked the others.

"Nothing is happening with the ouija board so we need your help to get the objects back." Stella explained to them.

"Where's Bella?" Danny asked.

"She's...she's dead." uttered Logan with tears in his eyes.

"Oh look, the whole group is here." Rebecca said from on top of a rock a few feet from the group who all looked over at her. "You won't have time to stop this you know, you will all soon be my followers who have died in this forest." Everigo said through Rebecca.

"No, we won't. We are stronger than you." Danny told her. He stood in front of the whole group.

"If that's the case, then how can I still do this." said Rebecca. She held up her hand making a snake appear next to Logan biting him on the leg and another spirit came out of nowhere pinning Kayla to a tree with a stick impaling her. Then Logan fell to the ground unconscious and his face started to turn blue.

"They are both dead or dying." Rebecca told the others who were left. Hayden dropped to his knees screaming from losing to people he loves. Stella dropped by Logan holding his head in her hands.

Danny looked from his cousin to his best friend and fell into Drake putting his head on his chest.

Rebecca came over to Danny and Drake and glared at them. "Get her." Danny muttered where only Drake could hear him.

A woman's figure appeared grabbing Rebecca by an arm followed by Ella and Carter's spirits holding the other arm. Danny grabbed the staff that dropped to the ground and held it up in the air.

"You messed with the wrong person." Danny shouted before absorbing Everigo into the red orb and then slamming it to the rock in front of him breaking the orb.

"Everigo is gone, for now, let's finish this ritual."  Danny said taking the amulet of spirits from Rebecca who was very confused.

"Drake what's happening?" She sobbed into his shoulder making Drake push her away. He followed as any into the cavern.

Stella and Hayden were hugging and crying about the lose of two people they are close to and then followed Danny inside. Rebecca just followed their leads.

***

Drake held open the book with the chant they were supposed to say to cleanse this forest. He read it to all of them making them remember it. Danny put a hand on the amulet and locked hands with Drake who grabbed Stella's hand. Then she did the same with Hayden.

The cave was lit by candles and they were all surrounding the ouija board that was covered with the remains of the red orb.

"We cleanse the forest of spirits for the safety of all who may reside in this place. Spirits are good, Demons are not, break the bond of Everigo and other demons that inhabited this forest." The group chanted over and over until the red orb's remains got sucked into the ouija board which made Stella gasp.

Once the ritual was over, the teens headed back to the cabin.

***
The Next Morning

When the cops finally came, all of the teens were sitting around the living room not even talking to each other. One of the police officers entered the room and asked, "What the hell happened here?"

No one responded. They just all kept staring into space everything becoming a blur.

***
3 Months Later

A reporter was talking on tv about a group of teens in a forest that lost friends, the ones that survived have never been the same. 

"One of the girls that survived, had her foot amputated from it being destroyed, the other is in a mental facility being treated for some major issues, the boy who lost his brother is now over seas serving in the military trying to pay back for what happened. And the last two boys have been off the grid together somewhere where no one can find them." The reporter read off a piece of paper. "Woah, that is a lot." She muttered to herself after the TV went to commercial.

"Oh my god, that is a lot." Some other reporter said.

***

Back in the forest of Spirits, something is still lurking in that place that Danny thought he dealt with, that is why he and Drake returned to finish the job, the job of getting rid all of the demons.