Chapter 3

Just a little note before starting the chapter- I know I haven't posted a chapter last week because I was really busy. So to make it up to you, I'll add another chapter sometime next week on top of my usual posting schedule. Hope you guys are well! Enjoy xox
*************************************
Trigger warning: this chapter includes explicit and disturbing content.

As I'm in the midst of panicking, my classmates pass me without a second thought. They never asked about what I was staring at.

"Bye Leyla, I'll see you next class." A girl from my Management class said. She seems like a sweet girl but I for the life of me could not recall her name. "Uhm bye!" I say, hoping she would not notice my puzzled expression.

The man in the black coat is still standing there, unmoved from his original spot.

It did not take me that long to understand the fact that only I could see him. My classmates have already left the premises, since it was the last class of the day.

I took in a couple of deep breaths. To my dismay, all I was receiving was a palpitating heart and cold chills. He can't be real. He just can't be. I try to  reassure my self mentally. "Who said I'm not real?" An irritated deep voice inquired.

At that moment, my body froze and I knew I had to somewhat flee. How lucky was I? I was all the way on the fourth floor and had to get to the ground floor using the staircase in order to get back to my room-my safe place.

I had to be smarter than the man in the black coat. I tiptoed precariously to the door that led to the staircase. Without a second thought, I took off running to my dormitory. It was roughly about 5pm and there were still people on campus.

I knew people were staring at me weirdly. They must have thought that there was something terribly wrong with me. Why wasn't anyone coming to my rescue? Instead of staring at me with confusion.

I couldn't care less about what they were thinking. I knew I was in trouble and had to do something about it.

I ran until I reached the door that led to my room. I kept inserting the wrong key into the keyhole. The anticipation made my heart palpitate at a rate I could not even comprehend. To the point where I felt my heart in my throat.

"I'm going to die!" I half shout as I aggressively open the door. I slammed the door and dashed to my room. I drew the curtains shut  and jumped under my covers.

"Do you actually think you can runaway from me?" The same familiar deep voice said. I could have sworn I heard a smirk in his tone.

"NO! NO! NO!" I start screaming hysterically as I'm unable to see him but I can hear his voice, under the covers- where I am.

Shortly after, I heard the police siren. They're coming. They're coming to get me. I have to do something about it.

Susie's P.O.V

Ugh I'm super exhausted, I mentally say to myself. I  check my to-do list absent minded. After checking off what I've accomplished, I smiled in satisfaction. My thoughts immediately start to wander off about Leyla.

She's been acting really weird this semester. I nod in agreement to my conscience. If only she could stop being nervous all the time, she'd be a much happier person.

I keep telling her to be positive and ignore her feelings but she never listens to me. Sometimes I'd wish that she'd get taken away so that I don't have to deal with her. But at the end of the day we're best friends. So I'm stuck with her anyway.

I was at the hallway to the door that led to our room when I suddenly heard "No, No, No" in the most painful tone. I assumed that was Leyla but is she being attacked?

Maybe there is a thief  in our room! Or worse, a serial killer. Other weird thoughts began to flood my mind as I ran towards the door to open it.

"Leyla!" I shouted in fear, only to see her hands smothered in blood. Confusion over took her facial features.
"Trust me, you would need this." Leyla said passing the blade that was filled with blood.

I looked at the blade and did not respond to what she just said.

I took a deep breath, tears forming in my eye. I calmly said "Leyla you're crazy and you need to get help."

Leyla stared at me blankly. "I'm not crazy and they're coming for us."

Without hesitation, I took out my cellphone and dialed the emergency hotline of the University. The entire time Leyla kept staring at specific places. I had no idea what was running through her mind for her to do this.

To be continued!