Chapter 4

"She'll be okay." I heard a voice. "Are you sure doctor?" Said a familiar worried voice.

At this point my eyes began to slightly open. The room was brightly lit and from the parameter of my eyes, I saw three people surrounding me.

"Leyla" my mother said caressing my arm. "You're going to be Ok." She continued as she sobbed.

My eyes started adjusting to the brightly lit room. I came to the realization that I was lying down on a hospital bed and there was an IV cannula in one of the veins of my right palm. If there was anything I hated, it was having a needle stuck inside me.

Next to my mother, stood a girl who looked very familiar. She had jet black hair and was slightly tanned. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail which made her eyes pop. Next to the girl, stood a doctor with a mask covering half his face as he jotted something down on a paper.

After internalizing the scene, I asked "Where is Susie?." The three of them exchanged worried looks. For a brief second, no one dared to say anything. Finally, my mother cleared her throat before saying the following statements- "Darling, Susie-" she paused and took a deep breath -" Susie isn't real." She quickly added, "you're ill and you're getting the help that you need." My mother began to wipe her tears.

I could not understand what was going on and why the three of them looked extremely worried. "Okay and the man in the black coat... is he real?" The doctor shook his head in disagreement and mom began to sob harder.

I felt uneasy and all types of confused. "With the right treatment, she'll be alright Mrs John." The doctor said reassuring my mom. My mom calmed down and the girl came closer to me.

"Hi, I'm Michelle Brown from your Management class." She said introducing herself.

Right, I knew she looked really familiar!

"I'm not sure if you know but I suspected you may have been ill as you would sit and talk to yourself during lunch" she paused taking a deep breath.

"I saw you running out from the campus premises yesterday and you looked rather disturbed. I decided to follow you just in case you were about to harm yourself." She said as she looked around the room and directed her gaze at me. "I didn't dare to go all the way up as I was scared of what I would have seen, I heard you scream and say that they were coming for us and that is when I decided to call an ambulance.

At this point, tears were forming in my eyes. My throat had a lump that I was trying to swallow. Michelle saw the discomfort I was in, hearing all of this. She held my hand and continued "when the paramedics arrived, they had to sedate you in order to get you into the ambulance. You kept screaming at Susie for not following your lead. It seemed like she was an important part of your life." She sighed as her eyes started to fill with tears.

"I knew I wanted to be there for you and that is why I came along and stayed overnight." Tears rolled down her eyes.

I bursted out into tears and began to cry hysterically. Michelle and my mom hugged me tightly and told me It was going to be okay.

*************************************
Hi guys! This is the chapter before the final chapter since it's more of a short story rather than a book.

I hope you guys are enjoying it. I'll try uploading the last one real soon. Until next time xo