第十六

IF ANYONE HAD ever told him that the ashes decorating his floor where actually fragments of his life, he would audibly scoff.

The cafe was always his safe space, even when he was threatened by a bully at school, they didn't dare cross the boundaries of the petite cafe.

It was his lucky charm.

But that didn't matter now.

Icy gusts eventually engulfed the ashes, turning blazing hot embers into freezing grains of sand, except it wasn't the comforting scrunch Of toes in the sand but the irritating stubbornness of glitter.

Dainty fingertips drew figures of eights in the coal ash, ruffling through and gripping it into softballs of his home.

Grip tightening, the ball exploded, overflowing into the already formed mound of ashes, tears turning the ashes into a soft smudge.

Within the midnight ash, a stark white lighter stood out vibrantly, the trigger pushed down by a fingertip so the bright red flame danced eagerly.

...

Yet the bright crimson didn't bother him, not even as it bit his skin, leaving a pink trail across his tan, leather skin.

Because the white lighter was also with that guy from the party.

Taehyung?

Hyunjins date?

Wait... Didn't hyunjin tell him that Taehyung-

"Felix!"

A strong arm pushed the flickering lighter away from his burnt arm, eyes raising to meet Woojin's concerned features.

And as he felt relief wash over him, that they would find the trouble makers who ruined his life, the rain cloud had to float once again.

"Felix.."

"changbin is in the hospital "

—🍥—

He thought he was finished sobbing but of course not, more tears brimmed his hazardous waterline, back slumped against the chair.

"We checked the security footage which was backed up the morning of the fire, the man who started the fire wasn't shown but we did see Changbin go there earlier before the fire.." Chan explained solemnly, words cautious and careful, as if he was talking to a baby.

"We uh- sorry Felix"

"GuYs! Changbin was last seen, talking to a certain someone we know" a hurried hyunjin burst through the glass doors, bangs echoing at his curious feet.

His heart suffocated him a sit jumped into his throat, splutters echoing his own voice.

Eyes linking with Hyunjin, they both knew what the other was to say, he could see the vulnerability in Hyunjin's eyes and he wouldn't be surprised if he mirrored it.

"Taehyung"

Had he lost his miso soup lover from Taehyung?