Vicar In A Tutu

Vicar In A Tutu

Flynn glanced out at the far horizon, the swarm of city lights drowning out the stars, leaving only the moon to rule supreme over Rome. "I was going to bring you here," he said, turning to Clara, "but not like this."

"It's alright," she said, taking his hand, "maybe another time."

"We're in the Vatican," Eve said in disbelief, turning to them.

"Just off the Vatican," Flynn corrected her, "the entrance to the caverns are under a little courtyard, just about here," he said, whirling around at the sound of footsteps, only to see the Pope rounding the corner, before slowing to a stop at the sight of them, his craggy face becoming confused.

"We're in the Vatican," Eve repeated, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Y' know, robbing this place was on Ezekiel's bucket list," Cassandra pointed out helpfully.

"Don't remind me," Flynn rejoindered, "and we're not robbing it!" he hastily amended, bowing and scraping to the Pope. "Merely admiring the view, that's all!"

The Pope shuffled off, his robes trailing after him, Flynn spectacularly face-palming himself.

"Way to go, Cass," Jacob said, patting her on the head.

"Okay, we're looking for riddles," Flynn said quickly, "one of three things that dragons love - sleeping, Julia Roberts movies and riddles."

"Riddle this!" Cassandra said, jumping on a raised stone

"Well, it certainly beats processing papal possibilities while we peruse this perimeter looking for puzzles - and what am I saying!?" Flynn boomed, grabbing his head between his hands.

"Cracked," Jacob said, whistling innocently.

"These stones are raised slightly higher than the others," Cassandra continued, balancing on hers with some difficulty, "like - like - Fibonacci!"

"Golden ratios," Clara said, startling herself.

"See, I do teach you things," Cassandra beamed.

"I never said you didn't," Clara frowned.

"And I never said you didn't," Cassandra countered, before suddenly skipping from stone to stone, making the floor light up with each footstep, rather like Michael Jackson, only to come to an even more sudden stop. "Oh, I lost it," she said, pouting, "I'm not sure if it's the left, or the right, or the centre" -

– "They're not all the same stone," Jacob said, stooping down, running his finger along the ground, "this is early Roman concrete until they switched to marble. This is concrete, not rock." Without warning, he suddenly stomped down on a stone, only for the ground to crumble away beneath their feet, revealing a large tunnel-like hole with a huge drop.

"Oh," Clara said, tilting her head to the side. But as she spoke, cops suddenly stormed the courtyard, guns raised, megaphones blaring orders in Italian. "Oh," she echoed, whirling around, hands raised.

"Geronimo," Flynn said deadpan, before jumping into the hole, the darkness devouring him. The others looked at each other before following his example, an example they wished he didn't set so enthusiastically.

It was worthwhile living a laughable life
Just to set my eyes on a blistering sight
Of a vicar in a tutu
He's not strange
He just wants to live his life this way...