Bad Memories Die Hard

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. I got up from my bed. I realised, probably, this was the first time in my teenage life that I got up to the alarm at once. Nervousness. I mean, who isn't nervous on their first day of an entirely new school in a country that they don't know a thing about. Actually, I did know something about this country, Qatar. A tiny country, but rich, loaded with oil. As I changed positions restlessly on my bed, I felt my hand touch a paper. I picked it up, it was my farewell card. I realised I had slept while unpacking the last night. And woah, I didn't even change into my night clothes. Eww.
I read the card. 
Sharon!
Hey there Nincompoop,
Don't believe mah gurl is leavin' my after spending 15 ah-mazing years. 
After all those pranks, silly mistakes, bullying (and getting bullied, of course), late night horror movies, sleepovers, hangouts, shoplifting, you can't just leave me like that, you know! 
We can't change that so let it be. 
I  hope you have an amazing time in that oil-country, whatevah the name is. 
Start afresh babes. Don't let bad old memories get on to you, and especially "
that one". 
And hope you liked the party. Keep in touch and don't evah break the pinky promise of forgetting me (that 11 year old promise was pretty silly but whatevs).
Your nincompoop,
Charlotte.

Touching, the card was, but not Charlotte. I'm not getting into all that, because, as Charlotte wrote, bad memories shouldn't get on to me. Especially "that one".  That one, yes. That memory will never leave me though. Whenever I think about it, it gives me goosebumps.
This country is so alien to me. It's so different here, so unlike how it used to be in Anaheim, lively and fun. Here people are too loaded to walk or ride bicycles. Only SUVs. Given my American citizenship, it wasn't difficult for me to get into a school here. American Academy.  Until now, my confrontation and coversations with people have been fine, but the worst is yet to come, first day of school.
Even though the worst has been left back in Anaheim, I have a strange feeling something is yet to happen, something big. Bad memories die hard.  But, we live in a world of hopes.
Fingers crossed. Hopes.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
:
HEY GUYS, MY FIRST WORK HERE!
I'LL BE WRITING MORE PARTS SOON. HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT.