E i g h t

Hoseok's new look

———————————

Mara

As a person who has never cared for anything or anyone's opinion, I'm suddenly feeling self-conscious about everything.

Jennie has been tutoring me about this whole school, from the obsessive and cocky behavior these students have to the sex-crazed freaks they have doing it whenever they want.

The only part that really stuck with me was how rich they were. It's hard to get into this school. Your income has to be through the roof to even afford a dorm. Jennie says she got in because of her aunt and the good grades she kept.

The more I look around me as we're walking to the bonfire, the more I see the snobbishness and bullshit act all these kids have. They throw away money like it's nothing to them.

"Mara, you can't let these kids get under your skin." Jennie pulled me closer to her side so no one would notice me. I mean it's not like I'm wearing my usual outfit. It's something the exact opposite. More pastels, a fluffy hoodie with jeans, and knee-high boots.

Jennie even went and did my makeup for me and defined my curls. God, she's too good for me.

"Now do you remember all the notes I gave you?"

"What notes?" I asked while my eyes scanned the orange hue that's coming from afar and the smoke going up in the air.

That was definitely the bonfire.

"I'm talking about the fake ID I busted my ass to get you." Jennie sighs and pulls out her phone.

Oh right. This university has an ID for everything. Just my luck. Jennie was able to find someone who made fake ones for cheap and got my face on it.

"When we get by the entrance they're going to ask for the ID. You give it to them and give them your biggest smile yet. Use your boobs into the mix if you have to."

"What the fuck is this? Mission impossible?" I scoffed. Jennie nodded and we continued walking before we stop by the entrance. Jennie goes into full-blown cheerleader voice and practically throws herself at the boys there. I'm busy looking around for Hoseok to see if I find him anywhere.

There was music, people already going off on secret paths, and smiles all around. I should say though, the lighting was pretty. They had lamps hung by most of the trees and logs to sit on.