We Will Always Love Each Other

"I missed you" I hugged Chandni the moment I saw her on the airport. Seeing her after all these months made me realize how much I missed her, how much I need her in my life, how much she matters. Every emotion that was bottled up all this came was overflowing.

My heart choked at the thought of what this one girl can do and at the same time my heart soared at the feeling of having her close to me. How is it even remotely possible for one person to evoke myriad feelings. I guess when you are in love it is possible. Everything is possible in love.

Its an ocean of emotions and I was happily drowning in it.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I never realized we all have settled in the car and Chandni was at the drivers seat.

"When did you learn to drive? When did this change happen?"

"Many things changed Suraj you don't know." Reeva replied. I found it weird but decided to chuck it for now.

As per plan they first dropped Abhik and then me. I got down at my home and invited them both in. Maa would be happy to meet Chandni but she politely refused saying she has lot of things to sort out before the ceremony tomorrow. I let it go understanding her situation and promises her to meet directly at the party tomorrow as I wanted spend some time at home and prepare myself.

Maa and papa were eagerly waiting for me at the main door. As soon as maa saw me she hugged me and weeped a little.

"Maa we met just two months back" I spoke settling down on the couch.

"Yes but this house hasn't met you for nearly an year. It feels so empty without you."

"Aww so why don't you bother shift with me to Mumbai?"

"Can't do that beta. We have our whole family here. Can't leave that support system."

I sighed because she is right.

"Okay Nirmala let him get fresh and then take rest. He looks tired." Papa decided to end the emotional topic and I thanked him internally.

I excused myself and came into my room. Now this feels home. My room, its same as I left it. I have been away from home before too but that was temporary but this time the shift to Mumbai is permanent. Therefore, coming back here to this home and this room does feel like homecoming. I took a long and hot shower before moving down to join my parents for lunch. The lunch was as usual scrumptious affair with maa making all my favorite dishes and fed them like I haven't eaten for months.

Finally after having done with lunch o came back to my room and laid on my bed. I started practicing what I am going to say to Chandni. Today when I boarded the flight in Mumbai I decided I am going to propose Chandni. I achieved my biggest dream and now on to my most cherished dream; to have Chandni in my life. I bought a beautiful promise ring for her with which I am going to propose her day after tomorrow.

Why not tomorrow? Because tomorrow is Abhik and Reeva's day and I don't want to take attention away from them.

I don't know when I tell into slumber thinking about all things I will tell to her. Right from the day I met her to today, there are a lot of things about her that I felt and I will tell her everything.

"Suraj" I heard a faint voice which resembled papa. "Suraj, get up beta. Time for dinner" he spoke again. Did I hear dinner? I sat up and looked at the clock, it was 9 pm. Wow, I took quite a long nap. I dragged myself back to my sweet bed after dinner as I was feeling very sleepy. The amount of sleep my body was enjoying made me realize how tired I was and how much my body needed this rest.

I woke up fresh as a flower, cheesy it may sound but yes that's how I woke up. The rest of the day passed with more resting and telling maa that I am proposing Chandni. She was more excited than me, I know how much she wanted Chandni to be in my life.