Chapter one

"He had made it out on his own at last. Realizing this made him smile and jump for joy and almost made him wonder if it was a dream, but it wasn't. When he stared at the house he had built, it was all too real. It wasn't the fanciest house, and Steve didn't consider himself an architect by any means. The chimney looked a little misaligned, the windows a bit low, but it was livable, which was what Steve honestly cared about at the moment. He was away from his hometown and ready to start anew, a boy slowly becoming a man.
Steve had always wanted to move out of his one-horse town, but he also wanted to have a home in the country. So he built his house right outside the expansive town of Chance, where opportunity was said to thrive. He'd have plenty of room to build a farm and make a garden, all while actually having something to do and job offers unlike his hometown
This material may be protected by copyright."Steve walked inside his house. He still needed to buy or make some furniture. He had brought his bed from his home, but the bed was worn out. Just like he needed a fresh start, he desired a fresh bed as well.
Steve looked around in his room, noticing the single picture that was hanging on the wall. Despite the fact that he left his family and wanted to go his own way, he wanted a reminder of who had raised him. In the picture was Steve, his parents holding his hands. Steve was just a child then, and he wasn't even looking directly in the frame. Instead he was looking down at a pig that had passed through. This was really the only childhood photo he had on him. According to his parents, they lost most of the photos in an unforeseen accident. They wouldn't elaborate, but Steve never asked. He assumed that his parents were upset over losing his most precious photos.
Steve would return to visit his parents someday, but for now he wanted to make his own life. He looked at his house some more, seeing what it needed. It needed a kitchen, that was[...]"
"short brown hair and plain shirt. He was just an ordinary-looking man and probably would be confused with others in the average people out there. He just shrugged as he went inside.
The town was bustling, and he realized he'd get lost in the crowd. For now, he just went to the sides and went to the various stands. A salesman was pitching about how his apples were the crispest around. Steve bought a few and went to the other sellers. He bought some potatoes, tomatoes, and even bought some seeds so he could grow his own things when the time was right. With everything done, Steve went outside of the town and sat on a nearby hill to have his own picnic. He'd rather prepare his food, but eating it raw was good as well. He grabbed the apple and started munching on it. It was actually very sweet and juicy. Was it the best apple ever? Probably not, but it lived up to his expectations. He also ate a tomato as well.
All this time, he looked at Chance. It would be his new home, and he realized that his future would probably depend on the[...]""Once the sun started to set, he made sure that his house was completely closed off to prevent mobs. As he went to bed, he was glad that he was home, but despite his earlier dismissal, he was wondering who the person who looked like him was. Was there another version of him around? If so, Chance had gotten better than ever. He'd love to go on adventures with his twin and be his best friend. As he went to sleep, he slept with a smile on his face."