Chapter 23: Infinite Loss

Peter POV:
We search for Hova. But instead, we land into three humans, one in armour, another with spider abilities and the last had a cape. Thinking I could get a surprise attack, I throw a grenade. "When it blows, go!" I explained. Mantis and Zoc nods, Drax looks confused. The grenade goes off and Zoc says "Thanos is behind the explosion." Sending Drax roaring in a blind rage "THANOS!" But he was attacked by the Sherlock looking guys cloak. Reacting fast, I throw a magnetic disk in the hope that I can catch the armoured dude, it surprisingly worked. I go to help the Mantis as I hear a scream "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Please don't put your eggs in me!" And see Mantis is taken down. I take the spider kid from the side and take him down. "Stay down, clown." I warn the kid. Spider kid gets free from me from activating hind spidery legs. Reacting quickly without thought, I grab my electronic cord and takes the spider kid down again. I grin behind the mask as I hear "Die, blanket of death." And I turn to find Drax but instead I see the armoured man getting free of the magnet disk and head straight to Drax, gun ready. So I take spider kid and keep him in a head lock. Sherlock has Mantis held fast. "Everybody stay where you are. Chill F out." I shout, trying to defuse the situation. I also take my helmet off to show I've given up the fight. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?" I asked. "Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" Armoured man questioned. "I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?" Drax joined, still pinned. "Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French fry this little freak." I threatened. "Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast him. Let's go!" Armoured man threatens back, having a gun come out his hand and at Drax for good measure. "Do it, Quill! I can take it." Drax reasserts. "No he can't take it!" Mantis cried. "She's right. You can't." Sherlock agreed. "Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself." I declared, pissed off. "Starting with you." I turn to the kid, hoping that'll get the results I want. "Wait, what, Thanos? All right, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?" Sherlock asked. "What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? 'Jesus'?" I replied in bitter sarcasm. "You're from Earth?" Armoured man then questioned. "I'm not from Earth. I'm from Missouri." I answered, getting even more pissed. "Yeah, that's on Earth dip-shit. What are you hassling us for?" Armoured man replied back with my own egotistical bitterness. "So, you're not with Thanos?" Spider kid asked. "With Thanos?" I scoffed. "No, I'm here to kill Thanos. He took my girl- Wait, who are you?" I continued. "We're the Avengers, man." Spider kid answered, deactivating his helmet. In that instant, my frustration turned to dread. "Oh..." I trailed. "You're the ones Thor told us about." Mantis exclaimed. "You know Thor?" Armoured man asked. "Yeah. Tall guy, not the good-looking, needed saving." I answered. "Where is he now?" Armoured man questioned.

(Hours later)
We make it to Titan, where I was measuring planetary tilt before sneering "The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." "It felt a bit off." Zoc states. "Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just need the gauntlet." Tony explained. But it was a bit much since Drax yawned. 0Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?" Tony sounded offended by this. "I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan.'" Drax replied simply. Tony turned to me, his eyes demanding that I command my people into line. "Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page." Tony jeered. "See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." I explained. "Uh, what exactly do they do?" Peter piped up. "Kick names, take ass." Mantis replied, Drax gets into positions and says "Yeah, that's right." In agreement, Zoc just nods. Tony just gave a hopeless, pitied expression. "Alright, just get over her, please. Mr. Lord can you get your folks to circle up?" Tony ordered. "Mr. Lord? Star-Lord is fine." I corrected before motioning to Drax and Mantis. "We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude.." Tony sighed. "Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what is means." I scrawl. "Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plans, and that way it might be really good." I added. "Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax requested excitedly. Tony gave me a disgusted and confused expression. "What dance-off?" He questioned. The expression was enough to give some pressure on my shoulders. "It's nothing." I quickly said. "Like in Footloose, the movie?" Peter asked. I excitedly states "Exactly like Footloose." And asked "Is it still the greatest movie in history?" Peter answer was pretty disappointing. "It never was." And I gave him a sadden frown. "Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony scolded. Peter only looked down. "Okay." "We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here." Tony then continued his line of insults. "Flash Gordon?" I scoffed. 0By the way, that's a compliment." I added before pointing at Tony and Peter saying rather smartly "Don't forget, I'm half human. So that 50% of me that's stupid... That's 100% you." "Your math is blowing my mind." Tony jeered sarcastically. "Excuse me, but...Does your friend often do that?" Mantis piped, pointing at Strange. Who was sitting with legs crossed, his hands poise in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone suspended between them. His eyes are closed, and his head jerking rapidly from side to side. "Strange, we alright?" Tony asked. This seemed to snap Strange out of it as he stops jerking and lets out a cry. "You're back. You're alright. Hi." Tony said. "Hey, what was that?" Peter asked. Strange only replied breathlessly. "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." Curiously, I asked "How did you see?" "14,000,605." He answered. "How many did we win?" Tony stepped forwards. Strange only paused before answering "One."