Chapter 44

POV Bellatrix

I look to Caroline and see her walking towards me with a nervous look on her face

She meets my eyes and I bite my lip standing up. "Caroline! Hi. Sit." I motion to the chair in the booth across from me.

She was hesitant and I sigh.

"I know...I may seem...insane...or the brink of it but...I promise I will not hurt you and well...I wanted to...check on you..." I said trying to find the right words to describe what I'm doing here.

Let me explain.

After the hunter business, I told the boys the dress I saw about Kol and well I had to keep him from killing Jeremy.

I also told them about what I've been feeling around the younger Gilbert and they said that it might just be my hunger for blood calling out to me. I'm not so sure.

After my vervain accident I told myself that I needed to make peace with some of my enemies and what better way to do that then the blonde Barbie herself.

I know I need to be nicer to her because she is a vampire. Not a totally a cold one like me and well her is easier to control...well kinda.

Anyways, I still felt my need to make it up to her. Make her into an alley.

Now back to my current moment of hoping she would take the seat in which she did making me smile.

"Caroline...Do you want something to eat? Drink? I'll pay." I said holding up the black master card. She nodded before picking up the menu.

I look up from mine to see Matty boy walking up with a pad.

"Caroline? Are you alright? She is not hurting you is she?" He asked and Caroline smiled at his worry but saw my heated glare giving me a pleading look.

Then I remember I need to play nice and actually be a nice person I sigh and look to Matt.

"Look Matt you should probably hear this from me as well as Caroline. I'm sorry. I truly am. I know...me being here only brought my havoc and trouble. I just...I got so...mad because those three always make me so angry. Trying to hurt my mates over and over again."

I said stopping looking at them both frown when I say mates but I continue.

"I know it's no excuse and I am willing to work but I want to earn your trust back. I want us to be...friends?" I asked kinda in a question but also a suggestion to them.

Both looked at me wide eyed and I give them a pleading one.

"Mind if I steal her for a moment...to talk?" Matt asked and I shake my head.

"Not at all....but can you bring me a Pepsi please...I'm craving sugar right now..." I whispered and he nods still.

I pull out my phone to make it look like I'm not listen to their conversation but am.