(23) Maryland

[johnny]

I arrived at bay four, Lauren beside me, we were prepared to spent the next two days in Maryland with Annie.

We trailed out suitcases behind us as I caught a glimpse of Annie and Hayden stood near the inside dunkin' doughnuts.

"Long time no see anns" Lauren beamed as she wrapped the brunette in a tight hug. I met hands with Hayden pulling him in for a hug too.

The others soon arrived, Kenzie beaming up to me, clinging onto me.

"Kenz you missed me that much" I joked, returning to hug.

"I really have Johnny" she said genuinely, a tone so serious, I was almost flattered by her compliment.

We all set out to Annie's house.

I was rather homely in a nice neighbourhood.

Her parents hugged us as we entered them too beaming as bright as our smiles.

I immediately got to making everyone coffee, because if they had a flight like Lauren and I did then they are gonna need a pick me up if caffeine.

We all sat in Annie's living room, the walls painted a traditional creme with the wooded structure poking out the walls giving it an old kind of look.

Annie was sat on a chair with her head resting on Hayden's shoulder next to her.

Jayden and Mackenzie jesting about their plane journeys.

Lauren trying to explain to Hayden and Carson about her theory of evolution.

"Lauren, people evolved from apes, you know that right?" Carson told her.

"Nope, that's not fact, the reality is we evolved from parrots, seriously, we did" Lauren assured everyone.

Who rolled their eyes in a joking way at her statement.

"On a more serious note, Hayden and I have something to explain" Annie stated.

The room becoming a calm silence.

"A few weeks back I went to Annie's. We got really drunk and we may have hooked up" Hayden stated.

"What really?" Carson asked.

"Why would we lie?" Annie beckoned.

"But that's not the least of the problems" Hayden added.

"I'm 7 weeks pregnant" Annie continued.

The room was now in a serious silence, a mix of disbelief and confusion struck the different sides of the country club as everyone tried to come to terms with what Annie had just announced.

Ooo tea.

Hunsley xox