the note

avarita : the note

3 weeks later

— — — — cut along this line — — — —

— — — do not cut along this line — — —

kiddeath

12:12 pm

come over

why —

— idk
— just to hangout ig

im busy —

— be busy over here
— i wont even bother u

you can stop bothering me rn —
and whats the point —

— idk , just come over

i really don't feel like it —

— i'll just come to yo house then

ffs fine, i'm getting ready —

— i still wont be impressed

not trying to —

— — — do not cut along this line — — —

keiani locked her phone and put it on the charger then fixed her hair into a sloppy ponytail at the back of her head.

it was saturday so she was spending her time scrolling through aesthetic pictures on tumblr. she had music playing in the background as she lounged around in a pair of short shorts and an oversized t shirt. she liked being comfortable.

she begrudgingly changed her clothes, deciding on blue track pants and a plain white t-shirt. it was something quick and simple. after picking her outfit she brushed her teeth again and washed her face.

as she was rubbing her moisturizer in, khyrie came bursting into the bathroom. "hurry up, i gotta get ready."

"where you goin'?"

he ran a hand over his fluffy hair. "man, mel wanna see maui."

keiani made a disgusted face. she knew that her brother was still desperately in love with the girl but sometimes he was stupid. "you know damn well he not supposed to go around her, not after what she did to him."

he opened his mouth to say something but closed it, the love struck glint in his eyes dying out only to be replaced with anger. "that dumb bitch really– what the fuck am i on?" he glared at nothing in particular. "i was really 'bout to take my son to see that stupid hoe."

usually keiani would be quick to tell him to watch his mouth but she knew he was upset. she was too.

when maui was born, khyrie's ex melanie neglected him for days on end, leaving his pamper full and not feeding him when he was hungry. she would try to smother him by placing lots of pillows and blankets in his crib while he slept. maui hadn't even been three months old when khyrie found out she was dissolving percocets in his milk to keep him from crying throughout the night. mel would also leave maui in strangers' houses for weeks at a time while she went about her life.

it didn't take long for the court to see that mel was unfit to take care of her child so they gave custody of maui over to khyrie's grandma until he turned 17.

their nana still made sure khyrie knew how to take care of his son because that was essential. she also made sure that he understood that he would have to sacrifice some of his childhood; he couldn't go to school or hang out with his friends all day long, maui was now his entire life. his actions had consequences and he needed to step up to the plate now more than ever.