If Hate Starts To Fade

Genre: Mature, Fluff,  Angst (?)

Warnings: Swearing

Credits: I'd like to give credit to the person who originally thought of the idea of an Unspeakable coming to Harry's aid with his magic. I forgot the author's name. But I think I read somewhere in a Drarry imagine, so credits to them! (if someone knows what imagine it is, please tell mee! I love that imagine 😁😁)

Summary:

Maybe animosity isn't all that lingers between them ;)

Edited /

Original Date Published: 12th of November, 2019

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"What have you done now, Potter?" the Unspeakable who has been working on Harry for about a year now, drawled as she looked at his drained form.

"I-I've been practicing wandless."

"When I've clearly told you not to? You know, if you don't wish to solve whatever it is that's been bugging with your magic I might as well just drop your case." she said, following him with her eyes as he paced around.

He stopped and went closer to her, emerald eyes pleading, "Please, don't drop my case. All the others have already done so, they've all given up."

"And for good reason. Not everyone has enough patience and determination to deal with uncooperative prats like you, Potter. If you're not willing to comply with anything I say, then we might as well just stop. We've been trying for a year, Harry. If you really want to get better, then please, for Morgana and Circe's sake, cooperate!"

The raven-haired kept his gaze lowered, emerald eyes dull with fatigue and weakness, the problem with his magic blatant in his face.

His magic has been out of control since last year, either not working or blowing something up every few minutes once it's been put to use. He couldn't even lift up a bloody quill! As it turns more destructive, it soon gained the attention of the Ministry and sent an Unspeakable to work with him straight after finding out that he's lost control of his magic. Because the Saviour "simply cannot lose control of his magic!!", says the panicked Ministry officials.

One after another went and gave up because of his lack of cooperation. Two became four, four became six, and six became ten. Ten became twelve. All giving up on helping the Savior.

Harry wanted to fix his problem. He really does. But he just can't accept the reality that he's practically useless. That he couldn't do anything. Even Kingsley forbade him to come to work till he got his problem fixed, telling him to 'take as much time as you need.' He was bloody forbade to go to work! Because of this bloody problem!

And because of all the other Unspeakables giving up, the Ministry had sent one more Unspeakable in desperation, hoping that this one person can finally help him gain control of his magic again.

And just his fucking luck, it was Y/n L/n, whom the Ministry sent. Bloody Y/n L/n. From the hundreds of Unspeakables, it had to be her!

Why?! Why couldn't it be someone else?! Why did it have to be her?! Harry had never had a proper conversation with her since being placed Head Auror of his department and months later, it was as if they were back in Hogwarts, bickering like there's no tomorrow and pissing each other off to the point of throwing coffee cups across rooms to get back at the other.

Even Malfoy couldn't fathom how the two hadn't made up.

"I'm jealous, Potter, I thought I was your arch-enemy? Clearly, you have been cheating on me this whole time." the blonde has teased.