Chapter 6: Revelations

It was about five minutes after Ray left the punji pit that Xavier returned and went down into it to retrieve Chet. By this point, Brooke and Montana had not returned with any help at all. He was still impaled, and in and out of consciousness. He gingerly went down, trying not to be jabbed himself, and went over to Chet, who looked at him with distressed, tearful eyes.

"Xavier! You're here, thank God!"

"They didn't come back?"

"No! I'm stuck, you got to get me out!" Chet cried.

"You're going to bleed out," he whispered. "Everything will be okay, but..." Xavier teared up, "if I kill you doing this, I am so sorry."

"Just try your best, and get me off this thing!" Chet exclaimed. "Better you than Jingles!"

Xavier was very ginger in his attempt

Xavier was very ginger in his attempt. He held the sides of both Chet's arms, and pulled him off the stake at the count of three, but had to cover the wound with his hand. Chet screamed in agony at the sensation, but that pain led to relief. He was no longer impaled, but he had to get up to the top of the pit. Trevor, who had also returned, waited for him at the top, and the entire way up, Chet winced and cried in severe pain. He could feel blood pouring out of him, down his chest and back, to the ground as Xavier and Trevor supported him all the way to the nurse's cabin, where they laid him down and used surgical scissors to cut open the front of his shirt.

"I don't feel so good," Chet groaned, coughing gently, "is this what dying feels like?"

"Everything will be okay!" Xavier said, trying to encourage him.

"He's lost so much blood," muttered Trevor, but Xavier noticed him pull out what looked to be a syringe. "Here, let's try this."

"What the hell is that?"

"Uh, it's epinephrine," Trevor said, "for allergies and stuff."

"Will that even work?"

"It won't make him any worse."

JAB!

The rather long syringe was plunged into the base of Chet's ribcage, and for a split second, they didn't think it did any good as Chet was unconscious. When he burst to life before them on the bed, the blood spilled out of the wound in the same way a massive pimple would be popped.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Chet screamed, looking down at the steady stream of blood squirting from the wound. "Why is my heart beating out of my chest?!"

"At least it's beating," Trevor said. "We need to bandage you up. Ray needs to get back here right now with help."

"He's a choad!" Chet screeched, grunting in pain as Trevor worked to dress the wound. "He left me for dead!"

"What do you mean?" Xavier asked.