14

"What!?"

Natsuki’s cherry eyes immediately scanned over the text Yuri had received, fear stabbing through her like a knife.

"W-What should we do!?" Yuri was frightened.

"He's going to kill me..." The tsundere murmured to herself as a single hot tear made its way down her cheek.

Yuri wrapped her arms around her girlfriend gently, wiping her tears. "Shh.. It's okay, love... He won't dare touch you again."

Natsuki carefully pushed Yuri away. "But you're not in the right condition-"

"And neither are you! I promised that I would protect you, and I intend to keep that promise. Even if it kills me."

Natsuki looked down at the mauve fabric of Yuri's bedsheets, gently holding her abdomen where her future child was forming.

"I can't lose you, Yuri... Now that I'm having a child in seven months...."

A soft sigh tumbled from Yuri's lips.

"You won't lose me."

Natsuki's tear-filled eyes met with Yuri's as she looked up at her.

"Promise?"

Yuri's fingers intertwined with Natsuki's.

"I promise."

•••

The next few days were very chaotic for the two teenagers, as Natsuki had a doctor's appointment to check on the baby (which was fine, by the way), and they also had to draw up plans for what to do whenever her father showed up at Yuri's doorstep again.

A week had rolled by faster than Yuri and Natsuki had thought, and now they could finally relax.

The pinkette was currently laying on the couch, scrolling through social media posts on her phone, as well as texting Sayori and Monika to inform them of the situation and make sure everything was alright. Hearing the sounds of her girlfriend exiting the shower, Natsuki sat up, setting her phone down on the coffee table.

As Yuri made her way towards the living room, she suddenly paused her pace and gripped her chest, biting her lip to keep from whimpering as she scrunched her face up in pain. Natsuki was at her side in seconds, helping the taller girl over to the couch.

"Shh... It's okay, love.. Just take it easy."

Yuri nodded slowly, pain coursing through her body.

The room was dead quiet for a few minutes as Natsuki silently and softly stroked her thin and pale fingers through Yuri's long, pomegranate hair. This action alone calmed the taller woman down immensely, and she smiled warmly, gazing over at her girlfriend lovingly.

"Thank you so much..."

Natsuki paused her stroking hand as her lips curled upwards in an innocent grin. Her cherry irises met with Yuri's gaze.

"Of course. You're still healing from that night..."