𝐒 𝐈 𝐗

Finn walked inside Millie's house with her keys in his hand and placed them on the kitchen island as he spotted something from the corner of his eye.

As Finn went over to retrieve his jacket that was laying in a heap on the ground at the foot of the stairs, he heard the water running. When Finn looked up the stairs in the direction the sound was coming from something else caught his eye.

Although he'd seen them a hundred times already Finn stopped to look at the photos that dominated the wall that the stairs were against. He looked at the pictures of a heavily pregnant Winona gazing down lovingly at her stomach, to her laying in a hospital bed talking to a tiny baby she held close in her arms, Little Millie being pushed on a swing at the park by one of Winona's parents while she sported the biggest toothy grin on her face- the grin that as Finn looked at it he couldn't help but smile himself at the bubbly outgoing girl she once was-, to a more recent photo of Winona reluctantly smiling at the camera while standing in front of a magically lit up Christmas tree, and a selfie Millie took of them both not to long ago with smiles on their faces and their cheeks squished together, as well as many more photos of the two scattered around.

Finn knew about how Millie's dad left as soon as he found out Winona was pregnant, but not before he called her heartless names and carelessly shoved her into a hard wall saying she deserved shit for being such a stupid slut and getting pregnant. Ever since then its just been Winona and Millie, and they both preferred it that way.

When Winona told Millie the truth about her father Millie was horrified to say the least, it crushed her world and the picture of the perfect father she had in her head, the father who was going to come back for her one day and beg for her to forgive his absence. That day was when Millie started acting different, she became less trusting, more quiet, she started to keep things bottled up. And when Finn asked what was wrong she would just blankly stare at him and pretend that everything was fine.
However even Winona could see the change in her daughter.

For awhile now Millie has been encouraging Winona to
"Get out there!"
"Go on some dates."
Millie felt like she was just a burden to Winona's life, like the only thing she did was get in the way and destroy other people's happiness.
But Winona wanted to stay and be with Millie, attempting to make up for Millie only having her mother in her life, Winona felt guilty, responsible for Millie's dad leaving... she felt like it was all her fault.
However Millie just wanted her mom to be happy.
Millie wanted everyone to be happy, she simply couldn't care less about herself.

As Millie finished changing into some clean clothes, a simple grey t-shirt along with black leggings, she heard a noise coming from downstairs. Millie walked to the top of the stairs to see Finn standing at the bottom, starring at something on the wall. She was relived that it was him standing there, but also thought
what are you doing here?
Get the hell out of my house.

Millie quickly pushed those thoughts out of her head as by this time he had already noticed her presence and was looking at her expectantly. Shit! Has he already seen me? Is it too late to run?  Millie slowly walked down the stairs and headed towards him.

"W-what are you doing?" Millie asked as she looked up at him.

"Huh?" He answered, visibly confused as she twiddled with her fingers nervously.

"Here." Millie elaborated "What are you doing here?" She emphasized the word 'here' as she briefly moved her hand around in front of her.

"Oh I uhh." He awkwardly held up his jacket for her to see and she nodded in response.

The air suddenly became thick again, the silence eating away at them. It was quickly broken as three screaming guys strolled through Millie's front door.