Chapter 6

Years went by, and he got older. I did say I was going to protect him...but everything he's been through, he could've handled himself. The bullies, the abusive relationship, the day he lost his best friend. Actually, that last one doesn't count, I was there for him. The thing I could never understand was, why did he have so many nightmares? Maybe he just has nightmare disorder...maybe that's why he has Insomnia. Poor kid. Couldn't even sleep. He was only 11 when he was diagnosed. When he was in kindergarten, I started to notice something. The kid had Multiple Personality Disorder. The kid decided to be called by his nickname, Slink, and the other, Jeremy. I have to admit...caring for two kids, was a toll, but it only got worse within the years. Then came Dusty, then Emerson, Sammy, and Rick. At this point, I'm caring for 6 kids..and since I'm part of Slinks mind...that would make 7. Something was definitely up with these guys, they were acting like the 7 Deadly Sins.. Dusty being Lust, Jeremy being Greed, Emerson being Envy, Sammy being Sloth, Rick being Wrath, and Slink being Gluttony......making me, Pride. I cared for them and taught them stuff all throughout elementary school, but when middle school came, I was done....because even I didn't know this stuff, but you can't blame me since I died at around 4 years old. Rick and I have an odd bond..he doesn't like anybody else but me, and I never understood why. 

By the time college came, they were completely on their own. They weren't kids anymore and they needed to start acting like adults. Slink got through the first year of college, studying multiple things all at once. I guess if you have MPD then it would be tough to choose just one subject. 

Now Slink is 22, and I'm surprised they haven't suspected anything suspicious about me. They're growing up so fast.....too fast............he's already getting married, why did I let this happen? Well, no turning back now, if he's happy, then it's alright. I never really understood love..how does it happen? Is it just, an emotion..? maybe that's why I don't know what it is.. I hope to feel love someday. It seems like a nice thing. I don't even know my own sexuality, so I guess I'm fine with....anyone? I don't know...maybe no one. Well......only time will tell.