Morning Arguments

They were arguing again. Denji could hear the shouting from the upstairs.

He hated when they argued.

Senjo and Raijin knew this, but that never stopped them from fighting.

Denji sighed to himself as he grabbed his things for school.

"You can't just allow our child to go to that school! We're villains, he could give us away!"

The boy flinched when he heard Raijin, wincing a bit as the sound of crackling electricity followed.

"That's not your decision to make, Raijin! You can't control his life!"

Denji shook his head as the shouting continued, carefully recounting his supplies so he wouldn't have to go downstairs.

"Oh?! I can't decide for Denji but you can?! Like hell you can! I'm his father too!"

"So what?! We're both his fathers! That doesn't give either of us the right to control his life! We told him he could be whatever he wanted when he was little and now he wants to be a hero! You can't control that!"

Denji could hear the venom in the words spoken and decided then to close his school bag. He had to steel himself before bounding out of his room and down the stairs with a forced smile.

"Dads! I'm ready for school!" he called as he entered the kitchen where his fathers stood.

Electricity sparked in the room due to Raijin's quirk and anger, and Senjo's hands were raised as if he were ready to compress the electricity.

Neither of them acknowledged Denji, and the boy's smile fell.

"Never mind, bye dads.."

The words were whispered, the other two too consumed in their argument to notice their son.

Without another word, Denji turned and walked out of the kitchen, down the hall to the front door. Denji paused for a moment, hoping for a second that one of his dads noticed.

They didn't.

Denji sighed and shook his head, opening the door and walking out.

"Maybe tomorrow," he whispered to himself as he set off on his way to school.