Chapter 3 - The Crying Artist

October 14, 2015 - Wednesday

"Nightmare? We're going to be late!" Dream called out to his brother.

He got no response and was about to knock again when the door opened and a very grumpy looking Nightmare was looking at him. He didn't bother speaking and backed away. Nightmare trudged downstairs to the kitchen to eat his breakfast.

Dream didn't ask anything to his brother as it was clear that he's in a bad mood. He only gets a bad mood if it was their mother but Dream learned not to question it.

Dream silently watched the news showing off some robbery happened in a mall or other things that Dream wasn't concern about. He felt Nightmare tapped him on the shoulder indicating that they must go now.

They silently walked to the school and he saw Blue along. He hesitantly looked at his brother and spoke.

"Nightmare? I'm going ahead with Blue, is that okay?"

Nightmare just nodded and Dream ran up to Blue.

---:---

Nightmare was still mad at his mother and tried not to vent it to someone by not speaking at all. He walked to the main building and looked at the corkboard.

Sports, Music, Literature... what's that? A corner was situated to one club.

'Rumor Club's Corner
State your out of this world doubts and we will confirm it!'

There were at least five papers inside. He was a member so he can check it, right? Enough of that, he should check it after school so he can tell Cross about it. The bell rang signifying the class was about to start soon.

---:---

Thankfully his brother was there already and waiting for him. He avoided everyone's gaze and sat at the back with his brother. Dream wasn't talking so it was really making it awkward so he made the first move by hugging his brother.

"I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable." He whispered to his brother.

Dream was surprise but hugged back. "It's okay, I forgive you."

Nightmare was really lucky to have a brother like Dream. He was kind and understanding. Their Math Teacher, Ms. Toriel, opened the door and greeted them Good Morning.

Dream was panicking because he knew he fell asleep making his homework but was surprise to see it all finished with solution and explanation in case he was called by the teacher. He looked at his brother who was already watching him.

'Thank you!' He mouthed to him, making sure the teacher didn't notice.

'You owe me.' Dream read from his brother's mouth.

"What?" Dream whispered.

"Take down your golden wallpaper, replace it with darker color." Nightmare whispered back.

It was unfair but Dream already agreed so even though it breaks his soul, he nodded and promised to take down his precious wallpaper.

---:---

"What do we have here?" Nightmare mumbled as he took all the five letters.

He started to scan them one by one but one thing only caught his attention. It has a cliché title but this will work out. He climbed up the stairs and head straight for Cross.

He twisted the doorknob and opened the door. He saw the President of Rumor Club humming to himself.

"Cross? I found something really interesting at the corkboard." Nightmare said and waved the letters around.