CHAPTER 5

Scott looked at the girl sat on a wooden chair with both arms and legs restrained behind her as she regained consciousness.

She took longer than he'd expected. It would be dawn soon. He must have used an excessive amount to knock her out he thought to himself.

"Where am I? Who are you? What do you want?"
"One question at a time sweetie."
"One, you are here, two I'm someone you should be very careful not to piss off, third one is the best one..."

He walked up to her and stared at her intimidatingly.
" I want... you".
She didn't look intimated. She even laughed amusedly.
Not the reaction he'd expected but, okay. He hadn't even braced himself for what had happened the previous day so he realized that the girl who was standing before him was much more than what met the eye. He shouldn't have taken that long to figure it out- he had seen her kill Mason like it was nothing but a norm. Devoid of rage and all she had just left with a cool exterior after decapitating a man.

"If you wanted me you would have had me when I was unconscious. So I'll ask again, what the hell do you want with me?"
"Easy easy there queen of sass. Seeing the situation at hand I'm pretty sure I call shots here. But I'll get to the point then. No pleasantries, how rude." He scoffed. And then continued,
"I'm  here about Mason."

Her eyes twitched, very coyly. He wouldn't have noticed that had he not had the best training on interrogation.

"Which Mason?" She feigned ignorance.
"That's a very stupid question. Considering you knew him for years in the orphanage. And you killed him."

"Oh... That one" She said uninterested. "What about him?"

"I worked with him. I met him while he was in detention at the police station I worked in in Mayweather. The night you killed him, I was trailing him because he was working with other people who were my enemies. He had double-crossed me and I wanted to know who he was willing to cross me for. But I saw him with you at that club and I saw both of you walk into that room but you run out alone. When I went in he was dead. But you took nothing from him. I called the police anonymously using his cellphone. So now I'm asking you. Who sent you?"

"No one sent me. I killed him accidentally because he was trying to force himself on me." She hoped he didn't catch the lie. No one had sent her but she couldn't tell him the truth because she wasn't ready to open up to anyone about her life in danger. And even if she wanted to, it would be to Max not some rogue cop that had kidnapped her. Not now, not ever.

"You are lying."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are, I have a job to report to. When I come back I expect you to be ready to willingly spit out what you are hiding. Good day." And with that she left.

She'd wanted to tell him to bring her some coffee to at least if he was leaving her the whole day to cumber some of the headache and fatigue she felt but she didn't think he'd even want to. Turned out coffee was a bitch for constantly giving her such a fix and acting up when she withdrew.

He got to the office late due to traffic. Clayford definitely was so much different from Mayweather.

"Hello Scott. I'm Nevarro . Your Partner. I hope tardiness isn't your habit. We have two cases to deal with. One, Ms. Mae West. Accused of killing her father and almost a suspect in her sister's disappearance- we just need some evidence. She's been cleared of the second charge but I still don't trust her and we need to get some evidence, the situation is too big of a coincidence. Two. Chloe Freeman. A reporter accused of killing one Mr. Mason Brickwell."

"What leads do we have?"
"Ms. West's stepmom Clarence but the Freeman case is a dead end since the person who called in the police is still at large since he used Bakewell's cellphone ."